• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Classic Rock that hasn't Aged Well

My list includes:
Deep Purple
Van Halen post Roth
Bad Company
Chicago post Chicago 5
Styx
Kiss (never aged well at any point)

The Presidents of the United States

My list includes:
Deep Purple
Van Halen post Roth
Bad Company
Chicago post Chicago 5
Styx
Kiss (never aged well at any point)

Earlier today I was think that Chicago Transit Authority aged well, while Chicago didn't age well. But your post is more specific and accurate.

Styx always sucked.

I think a lot of the music from 65-75 still sounds amazing today. Disco never sounded good.

Kind of off the classic-rock topic, but to me no one has aged more poorly than Donna Summer, there's almost nothing in her collection I can listen to. I mean, really, how many songs need a whistle in them? Rest her soul, I listened to her a lot in the day but cannot listen to hear now.

Aerosmith. Give me sweet emotion, that song will never get old (maybe it has something to do with my love for Dazed and Confused). They caught lightning in a bottle with that one and IMO spent the rest of their careers trying to recreate that, failing miserably along the way.

In honor of all the Doors hate on this thread, here are two awesome Doors songs remixed by Fredwreck

this thread would be better titled as "classic rock that boogity liked when he first 'discovered' it but has now tired of"

i do enjoy that rock me song.

also, in re: the original question, I'll offer Kansas as an option, although I may be guilty of the same offense I accuse boogity of.

Peter Gabriel's music holds up really well

Last edited:
Back