• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Bringing the Heat

I’m kind of surprised many people watch Gameday anymore. ACC, Big 10, and SEC all have their own pregame shows. I highly prefer The Huddle to Gameday and just watch that. I assume fans of the ACC and other conferences just watch theirs as well. I also assume PAC 12 has their own Saturday morning show for the 5 people that get the channel.

I watch the Huddle instead. I think it's moving in that direction. Gameday still has a perceived cool factor and appears to have higher production value than the conference networks. Plenty of trashing the ACCN, Huddle, P&D etc on this board for not being a good product. But more and more fans will realize the turd that ESPN puts out every Saturday and switch...and the other networks will improve.

If you add up the top SEC and Big schools you have the largest segment of college football fans, but not close to a majority. I don't mind hearing updates from around the country but couldn't care less about SEC day in day out and for three hours on Saturday morning neither does the majority of fans around the country. There will be a shift.

The Huddle feels like the PBS version of College Gameday, and to me that is a positive.

It really bothers me that they wheel out the stroke victim each week to recycle his antiquated schtick. I like Lee Corso, but he is a shell of his former self now and it's really become offensive how they use him on the show.

Yeah, I don't watch it much but someone told me his health wasn't good. It's sad seeing him like that.

Gameday has gotten really boring with their locations this year. They basically spent much of the season at some combo of Georgia/Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State/Notre Dame games.

I watch the Huddle instead. I think it's moving in that direction. Gameday still has a perceived cool factor and appears to have higher production value than the conference networks. Plenty of trashing the ACCN, Huddle, P&D etc on this board for not being a good product. But more and more fans will realize the turd that ESPN puts out every Saturday and switch...and the other networks will improve.

If you add up the top SEC and Big schools you have the largest segment of college football fans, but not close to a majority. I don't mind hearing updates from around the country but couldn't care less about SEC day in day out and for three hours on Saturday morning neither does the majority of fans around the country. There will be a shift.

Same. Jordan is a pretty good host and EJ seems like a really good dude that has been very complimentary of the Deacs.

Same. Jordan is a pretty good host and EJ seems like a really good dude that has been very complimentary of the Deacs.

Agreed. I don’t think Richt brings much at this point but the others are good.

Never mind that I have a man crush on EJ. That is one dapper looking individual.

I like the Huddle. Fox Big Noon kickoff is by far the best crew. Leinart, Stoops (well, not anymore), Bush, Quinn, Feldman, Verducci, even cheesy Rinaldi. Reese Davis and Pollock are the only likeable ESPN guys. Desmond is an absolute idiot, Herbie has gone south, Corso is senile, Bear is fat and bad at betting.

I like the Huddle. Fox Big Noon kickoff is by far the best crew. Leinart, Stoops (well, not anymore), Bush, Quinn, Feldman, Verducci, even cheesy Rinaldi. Reese Davis and Pollock are the only likeable ESPN guys. Desmond is an absolute idiot, Herbie has gone south, Corso is senile, Bear is fat and bad at betting.

Sums it up perfectly- Corso should have left show 10 years ago - sad to see

I’m kind of surprised many people watch Gameday anymore. ACC, Big 10, and SEC all have their own pregame shows. I highly prefer The Huddle to Gameday and just watch that. I assume fans of the ACC and other conferences just watch theirs as well. I also assume PAC 12 has their own Saturday morning show for the 5 people that get the channel.
Huddle rocks

Gameday has gotten really boring with their locations this year. They basically spent much of the season at some combo of Georgia/Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State/Notre Dame games.

So, what has changed?

I don't get folks who watch pregame shows at all. For any sport.
It's become part of a Saturday morning routine for me this season, love hearing any mention of Wake on a national level, and a bit of a hate follow for the taking heads.

I don't get folks who post on sports message boards to show they aren't obsessed with sports. :)

I don't get folks who watch pregame shows at all. For any sport.

Saturday morning ritual. Before it got cold I would always have pregame shows on the deck and cook a big breakfast on the Blackstone...then fire the grill up for the afternoon. Just gets me prepped for game time.

Recruits are watching gameday so it does matter. Richt and Corso both seem very unwell. It’s sad.

Remember when Colbert was graduation speaker and said some disparaging remarks about Wake football and Clawson was new and got annoyed by it? I knew there was a new sheriff in town....mayb we send Colbert 2 tickets

That is a capital idea because Colbert (a S. C. native) would likely add fuel to the fire. Oooooh!

Yeah, I don't watch it much but someone told me his health wasn't good. It's sad seeing him like that.

Corso has had a couple of strokes. I don't know why they keep him, but then they kept Dick Vitale.

Corso has had a couple of strokes. I don't know why they keep him, but then they kept Dick Vitale.
They brought back Vitale the same reason TBS brought back Sager. A last hurrah, a thank you for their contributions, and letting them choose when they are done vs letting a disease dictate it. I tired of Vitale a while ago but I have no problem with them bringing him back for some games this season.

Back