• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson close to hiring Paul Williams

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Per Pete Thamel on the Twitters for defensive backfield coach. Former Al Golden guy. Thoughts?

Isn’t he the short, blond guy that sang ‘An old fashioned love song’ among others?

Anyone have a bit of BG info on where he comes from? Past Clawson association etc.?

08107c4ec037712a360bb8db485d2c7b.jpg

I want it to be the Ohio Wesleyan Paul Williams--Battling Bishops to Demon Deacons what could go wrong? Probably the other guy.

Richard Sherman looks like he's about ready to start a career as a defensive backfield coach.

Isn’t he the short, blond guy that sang ‘An old fashioned love song’ among others?

Come on guys, no references to Paul Williams playing "Little Enos" in Smokey and the Bandit?

I think Paul Williams wrote 'An old fashioned love song' but I remember Three Dog Night singing it.

I heard that Texas likes to call itself DB U !

He also wrote "Rainy Days and Mondays," "You and Me Against the World" and "We've Only Just Begun." Not to mention the theme from "Love Boat."

Article about Paul Williams on 247 Sports discusses how TX was getting coaching talent cheap ($25K/yr) because the hires were being paid by other schools. Specifically, Williams was listed as getting $258K from Houston. Also the article has his coaching history.

Link here:

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-analysts-Larry-Fedora-Paul-Williams-Andre-Coleman-bargain-price-131516830/

Another interesting note is that he has been special teams coordinator twice in his career.

Back