• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson comments in The Athletic confirms it....

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
NIL is pay for play, and not about paying guys to use their marketable images to promote themselves or a product. Nothing new here, but a little surprising in his frankness.

“If you think about it, every quarterback we’ve had here has really played professionally,” Clawson said. “John Wolford is still with the (Los Angeles) Rams. I really believe that if Jamie Newman had stayed here one more year … he would have been probably at least a Day 2 draft pick. And Sam Hartman is getting paid to play football.

but WFU is not paying...yet

that is what i read

but WFU is not paying...yet

that is what i read
I would read it a little differently. More along the lines that the Wake coaching staff is keeping knowledge of NIL$ activities at arms length, the way the "rules" say it is supposed to be.

I know Clawson went on record in December stating there should be no rules because no one follows them. I know it pisses him off but I don't know that we have many options other than to join the rule breaking or at least make NIL work in our favor.

Clawson was making a point hyping up his program, that every QB he's coached has succeeded. He probably had practiced that pitch to reporters and recruits and then had to modify his wording a little bit since Sam didn't go to the NFL this year.

Clawson was making a point hyping up his program, that every QB he's coached has succeeded. He probably had practiced that pitch to reporters and recruits and then had to modify his wording a little bit since Sam didn't go to the NFL this year.
I read it this way as well. Basically he’s developed every QB into a productive player with the tools to play professionally.

I made a post recently about the great majority of receivers Higgins has had in the stable had either had a cup of coffee in the NFL, or a few cups.

Hard to believe every QB1 we've had has played NFL ball and Hartman will get that chance too.

Just elite talent evaluation and development on offense.

Had Jamie Newman hung around, who knows what his situation would've been. Like Clawson said, he thought he'd get drafted had he bot transferred

Back