• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Commitments and Admissions

socaldeac

Reaction score
What I will be curious to see if the recent commitments all qualify. I'm also curious to know the following:

Is Clawson as dynamic as he seems and just doing a better job than Grobe Staff?

Is Clawson naive and offering kids that will not be accepted and know one's explained to him the kind of Academic kids he must recruit for success. Put differently, kids that sit in the front row of class without hats better be smart at WAKE or he won't be fielding much of a team.

Has Wellman and the Admin lowered the bar for admissions, and now taking more Culture risk?

Bottom line All the Claw attention has really taken the attention away from BuzzOUt and converted to ClawCrush.

What I will be curious to see if the recent commitments all qualify. I'm also curious to know the following:

Is Clawson as dynamic as he seems and just doing a better job than Grobe Staff?

Is Clawson naive and offering kids that will not be accepted and know one's explained to him the kind of Academic kids he must recruit for success. Put differently, kids that sit in the front row of class without hats better be smart at WAKE or he won't be fielding much of a team.

Has Wellman and the Admin lowered the bar for admissions, and now taking more Culture risk?

Bottom line All the Claw attention has really taken the attention away from BuzzOUt and converted to ClawCrush.

lolwut

I was thinking "moron" but yeah.

Didn't the OP lose a bet over the Syracuse game? Wasn't he supposed to stop starting threads?

Maybe SoCal and Bob can share a playpen thread?

Mods, if socaldeac won't self-enforce the bet he agreed to, then it's probably time to Kanhoji him

I'm not generally a fan of socal's work, but I don't necessarily see why this particular thread is so objectionable. He's just asking a question. For the record, I'm fairly confident given his background that Clawson has a good idea of the types of kids who can get into and cut it academically at Wake.

I'm not generally a fan of socal's work, but I don't necessarily see why this particular thread is so objectionable. He's just asking a question. For the record, I'm fairly confident given his background that Clawson has a good idea of the types of kids who can get into and cut it academically at Wake.

Mostly because the idea that Clawson took the job without ever asking for a clear idea of the expectations and entrance requirements for our student athletes, or being given them by Wellman as part of the interview, is just absurd.

I heard from a couple people that the admissions department is able to let in one or two kids each year that meet NCAA qualification standards, but not Wake's higher criteria. However, they have been unwilling to do so. This was one of Grobe's major gripes during his last few seasons at Wake.

As far as I can tell most of the guys who we have now have been on our recruiting board all along (or at least for a decent while) and Clawson was just able to reel them in.

I may be wrong though.

I heard from a Moricle's Uncle's Cousin's Sister that Wellman told Clawson he can go "full-retard" in his first year to take heat off of the "[Redacted] debacle." We're also adding some classes to the curriculum like "Introduction to Halo," "Rolling papers 101," and an independent study program on footwear technology. Now we're watching the 4 stars roll in. It's not a coincidence.

I heard from a Moricle's Uncle's Cousin's Sister that Wellman told Clawson he can go "full-retard" in his first year to take heat off of the "[Redacted] debacle." We're also adding some classes to the curriculum like "Introduction to Halo," "Rolling papers 101," and an independent study program on footwear technology. Now we're watching the 4 stars roll in. It's not a coincidence.

Hahaha.

A new football coach at Wake would have to Frank the Tank down University looking for KFC to "really take the attention away from BuzzOut".

I was thinking "moron" but yeah.

Didn't the OP lose a bet over the Syracuse game? Wasn't he supposed to stop starting threads?

Maybe SoCal and Bob can share a playpen thread?

Not only that, but I think it was no posting at all until Bzzz is gone. The mods should enforce the bet, if socal doesn't have the class to abide by it.

This thread is an insult to what Claw is doing. You're obviously butthurt because he's already outperforming jg. Passion, hard work, enthusiasm go a long way.

Pos rep

Back