• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson on the David Glenn Show at 1:00P.M...

Glenn's first question was about Coach Manning. Answer was about what you'd expect.

Calls players "very coachable" "great ambassadors" "great recruiters".

Coach Grobe brought a "high caliber of person to the program."

Love that he's been so busy he doesn't have a real opinion on the union stuff.

Clawson has been too busy to pay attention to the discussion around unionization among college players.

"We're just trying to line up and get a first down."

Says the issues will come up and there will be an awareness of them. Mentions the food ruling. Focused on providing the best atmosphere for the student-athletes.

Interview over. Good stuff.

I was away from the computer when he talked about QB. The main thing he said was that we don't have a starter at QB. The new guys will get every chance to start. Could be why we haven't seen a post-Spring depth chart.

I took his QB speak as "we will be starting a freshman this year".

I took his QB speak as "we will be starting a freshman this year".

Not a definitive statement because they need to come in. But definitely something like "MY GOD I HOPE we will be starting a freshman this year."

I'm pretty sure Clawson is going to recruit two QBs this year as well.

I agree and expect several true freshmen to play. Clawson wouldn't answer the question comparing his Bowling Green team to Wake but my opinion is they would have beat us by 7 points or so last season.

Yeah. They barely lost to Pitt without their full coaching staff. BG should still be good this year. We lost a lot of talent.

I'm glad he didn't answer that question. There was no purpose to it. I'm not sure Glenn realized how crappy of a question it is until after the interview was over.

I'm curious how Clawson will handle Grobe's recruits. He kept all of them except Harris, but I'm not sure if he's willing to commit 4-5 years to all of them. If he played all the true frosh or at least all of Grobe's guys, he could encourage some to transfer and they wouldn't lose a year of eligibility.

I agree and expect several true freshmen to play. Clawson wouldn't answer the question comparing his Bowling Green team to Wake but my opinion is they would have beat us by 7 points or so last season.

15 point favorites on a neutral field according to Sagarin's ratings.

Damn. We were lucky to get Clawson. Another great year at BG and he may have gotten a shot at a better job.

What you'd expect. Something like it's unusual to be new on the job and welcome a new fellow coach. He welcome Coach Manning and supported him. Something like that.

What you'd expect. Something like it's unusual to be new on the job and welcome a new fellow coach. He welcome Coach Manning and supported him. Something like that.

Yep, pretty much what you'd expect. Thanks!

I was away from the computer when he talked about QB. The main thing he said was that we don't have a starter at QB. The new guys will get every chance to start. Could be why we haven't seen a post-Spring depth chart.

Based upon what I saw Saturday, it would be a crime if they didn't receive a chance.

In other triangle radio news today, Wake pulled Danny off of his scheduled appearance with Ovies and Gold bc he didn't want to answer any Sterling questions.

That sucks. Manning is one of the most high profile former Clippers. He could use this to boost his profile and help recruiting.

Back