• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson - Passion, Enthusiasm and Energy

He does get a little animated sometimes. As a photographer, I appreciate him. :) I don't think I have any photos of Coach Grobe similar to these two from the Indiana game.

Coach%20Clawson%20protests%20call%20by%20ref%2002-L.jpg

Coach%20Clawson%20protests%20call%20by%20ref-L.jpg

How many you got of Grobe kneeled down playing with a piece of turf or just standing with his hands on his hips?

Can Clawson get us enough calls for us to cover the 15 point spread against Carolina?

We all know that Wellman would rather win sportsmanship awards than actual games (Exhibit A--when we quit using our very successful cut blocking schemes because John Bunting kept complaining about it). I'm glad that Clawson doesn't share that philosophy.

Clawson would kick John Bunting's ass. And yes, I realize Bunting played linebacker.

Remember the 30-0 beating we gave them at Groves. Bunting had his d-end fake an injury early in the game. Bunting walked out to the player shaking his head, they called two lineman out to carry the guy off the field like he'd been crippled and that player was back in the next series. I'm still convinced it was a total fake job. Also, UNC got called for chop blocking in that game, not us.

Go back and check the replay. It's on ESPN 3 and occurs around the 2:52 point. He didn't interfere with an official during a play and really didn't "bump" the official. The play had ended. Clawson obviously wanted a penalty on the tackle which had already occurred. Clawson reached out to get the official's (Kavin McGrath's) attention and hit McGrath in the arm. Stupid thing to do, but not an intentional "bump" and certainly not during the play.

Watched it many times. Can't grab an official at any time. Period. That is why he got the costly 15 yard penalty and we got a couple in that stretch. One on a late hit that could have gotten the defensive player tossed for tossing a punch.

I love the fact that he is passionate, we absolutely need that, however I fear that he is going to get a rep as a whiner with the officials.

True call yesterday was a result of clawson riding the official the whole game. The official was walking out onto the field to blow his whistle as clawson was on his side talking to him (using his hands) and the official bumped right into him. Clawson didn't even seem like he was trying to grab him to get his attention...it was a complete accident just becaus the official decided to walk forward. Probably wouldn't have been called if it were a quieter coach, but it was far from what that penalty should be reserved for.

I love the fact that he is passionate, we absolutely need that, however I fear that he is going to get a rep as a whiner with the officials.

This. I really like the passion; but you have to choose your spots. He may be over-doing it a bit.

Agree with this post. However, bumping an official during a play - not cool. I'm interested to see if the ACC comments on it. Technical fouls on the coach are part of the culture of college basketball. Unsportsmanlike penalties on a college football coach - not so much. Clausen's energy is contagious and is spreading to our players. Keep it classy on the sideline. Working the officials is ok - interfering with an official during a play is not ok.

For the love of God, clawson has been here for 2 years and you still can't spell his name correctly?! Shameful

Agree with this post. However, bumping an official during a play - not cool. I'm interested to see if the ACC comments on it. Technical fouls on the coach are part of the culture of college basketball. Unsportsmanlike penalties on a college football coach - not so much. Clausen's energy is contagious and is spreading to our players. Keep it classy on the sideline. Working the officials is ok - interfering with an official during a play is not ok.

A bunch to do about absolutely nothing. Jimbo Fisher chews the officials' asses for 60 minutes of football.

Give them hell Dave!!!

What I like is he ain't going to be taken advantage of on game day. He will give the REFS hell, but after the game he seems articulate and as intellegent a football coach can be. Usually the ranting coach sounds like a moron behind the podium like Spurrier or DABO.

He's no push over. Fuck the refs and the league. That is what K and other established coaches do. If Claw establishes himself over time he won't get the bullshit call he got yesterday. Besides, sometimes earning that flag is worth it.

Has anyone here ever watched Dabo Swinney or Jimbo Fisher or Paul Johnson during a game???? Where do people think that Clawson is unusual?? You've just been hypnotized by the Grobe era. Seriously, Clawson nothing to worry about. And frankly ACC office is probably chastising it's officials for all the missed calls last weeks FSU game.

Exhibit C...this bullshit of band playing opposition fight song. Fine when playing a service academy....but we gotta quit that shit for all other games. Especially conference games.

agreed

Back