• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson press conference - Aug. 14

Thanks for posting, Les.

Two minutes in my reaction is, Stan Cotten's posture is amazing

Any word from Currie re: an official response to the NCAA cancelling all fall sports championships?

I am listening now. Clawson seems to acknowledge they may not be playing. That's obvious, but he seems readier to mention that than I expected. He also wants to play and expressed he still hopes/thinks they will.

Thanks for posting, Les.

Two minutes in my reaction is, Stan Cotten's posture is amazing

Any word from Currie re: an official response to the NCAA cancelling all fall sports championships?

NCAA doesn't recognize a national champion in football so that is moot.

Currie directs all athletics at Wake, not just football.

NCAA doesn't recognize a national champion in football so that is moot.

I was referring to the other sports that had their championships cancelled

no word from WF (or the ACC) on websites or Twitter that I can see acknowledging this fact

One of Clawson's mantras, "discipline" will, as he noted in the presser, be critical to success if football is played this fall. The team that stays disciplined and healthy will have an advantage.

Clawson has emphasized that with respect to penalties. It is even more important with Covid.

I am listening now. Clawson seems to acknowledge they may not be playing. That's obvious, but he seems readier to mention that than I expected. He also wants to play and expressed he still hopes/thinks they will.

I'd put it about 70% that the season starts and some games get played.

I'd put it about 70% that the season starts and some games get played.

Yeah. They'll push through a few games. Are there any specific COVID guidelines? Will players who test positive be placed into quarantine for two weeks?

I never thought I'd see the day when the football players were recognized as the most cautious and responsible students on campus, but here we are.

I never thought I'd see the day when the football players were recognized as the most cautious and responsible students on campus, but here we are.

Football players have much higher stakes in the discipline for Covid game. Also, I get the feeling Clawson selects disciplined guys in his recruiting. And his coaches have been preaching safety. Listen to the podcast. His own example, distancing from his wife, helps too.

Football players have to be together to play. That gives them a big incentive to look out for each other and make sure rules are being followed.

Back