• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson says all players have to attend both sessions of summer school

Same here. And for some reason, I was actually more focused in the summer than I was during the regular terms.

It helps to only have one or at most two classes to focus on. You bust your can for a few hours a day for a month and then you're done. Plus there is plenty of time in the day for other stuff- especially if you only take one class per session.

if money is not a factor (which, in this case, it is not) summer school makes all the sense in the world. if you're able to take even one class in your major, you can stay WAY ahead of the curve. couple that with knocking out a divisional requirement or two and you're golden. reduce the academic burden on the players during the school year, and hopefully they can dedicate even more time to becoming better football players. i would have LOVED to knock out more classes in the summer. in fact, the only reason i was able to do anything in the summer is because i had some cool professors who let me do internships in the summer (for credit), and sign up for the credits in the fall. summer school is awesome.

How does this work ?

Are most of the guys living on campus....in A/C rooms ?

Do they all stay in one dorm for the Summer or can they stay where they are now ?

Will/can they work out and lift under staff supervision ? Will there be 'captains' practices out on the field, i.e., running plays/formations ?

Clawson and coaches will be around all Summer, right ? He can have interaction with the guys ( film sessions ?) but no 'coaching', yes ?

thanks.

Summer school is great if you can afford it.

Some of us had to go home and work over the summer#poorundergradrant

the max # of hours you can take over the summer is 8 anyway, at least without a waiver

i worked a full time job and a part time job and took summer school classes every summer

Back