• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemens found not guilty

Maybe the government will stop spending millions of dollars to go after former athletes.

... between John Edwards, Clemens, and now Armstrong - I'm super pumped tax payer money is going towards these goose chases. Clemens used steroids - anyone who thinks otherwise is oblivious. Same with Armstrong - guess what? Everyone was - keep moving towards more stringent testing and let's all move on from the 90s.

No surprise. I would've found him not guilty too and he's guilty as shit. Poorly done by the feds.

I think it's odd that we prosecute people for lieing to Congress when most of the members of Congress lie on a regular basis.

Federal attorneys are not paid enough. We need to pay them higher salaries so we can successfully prosecute these threats to society.

Federal attorneys are not paid enough. We need to pay them higher salaries so we can successfully prosecute these threats to society.

Not sure what it's like in NC, but around these parts, the feds have tended to cherry pick good drug cases and not do a whole lot else. State, er Commonwealth, prosecutors have way higher case loads.

I think it's odd that we prosecute people for lieing to Congress when most of the members of Congress lie on a regular basis.

Congress doesn't lie under oath. That's called politics. Clemens lied under oath. That's called perjury, regardless of who he made the statement to. Not saying Clemens should have been prosecuted, but there is an obvious difference.

Back