• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Game Thread (?)

Wake has run the ball 282 times for 283 yards. That stat includes sacks, but rushing stats in college always have as far as I know and this is probably one of the worst rushing efforts in the history of college football.

We had 88 yards passing from our starting QB.

We had 52 yards rushing (include sacks and that drops to 7 total yards).

Clemson should be embarrassed for being in that close of a game against the worst offensive team I can remember seeing on a football field since 1970. Our offense (Grobe's recruits AND current coaching) is so bad, I thought this game was on Saturday.

This. Exactly this. The majority of comments on this thread are just an attempt at polishing a turd.

Have not read this thread at all so I'm probably haasing here. The stats obviously did not look good for the Deacon offense last night and there were a lot of execution problems. But I thought the overall offensive effort against a very good defense was much better than the horsecrap I saw on the field against a not-quite-as-good Boston College defense. The line did a better job and we were able to get some first downs and execute some well-conceived plays. I am hopeful that the BC game was the nadir of our offensive ineptitude.

We are still inept, of course. Just maybe starting to get a little bit better...

Dabo Sweeney is a complete ass. Lightweight. Poor sportsmanship but get away with it because he is constantly evangelizing. Then he behaves like a total bitch.

I hope SC skull rapes them again.

We had 80 positive yards rushing and end up with 7 net rushing yards. We were lucky on one play that the Clemson tackle didn't just take Wolford's hand-off instead of wrapping up our RB during the exchange.

We can't push blocks at all. I get the complaints about the slow running plays on the surface but the truth is the only hope we have to run the ball is to try to take advantage of the dline getting up field too quickly and beating them on a draw. And we absolutely have to run the ball to give Wolford any kind of shot to complete passes.

It's a down year talent-wise. I don't buy for a second that it's coaching.

Anyone else notice how Clemson appears to have a staff member (probably a GA) who seems to be designated to pull Brent Venables off the field when he gets worked up? I watched for a bit, every play he would grab him by the hips and slide him back to the sideline. Then Venables would ease his way back onto the field immediately after he let go. It was pretty bizarre.

We had 80 positive yards rushing and end up with 7 net rushing yards. We were lucky on one play that the Clemson tackle didn't just take Wolford's hand-off instead of wrapping up our RB during the exchange.

We can't push blocks at all. I get the complaints about the slow running plays on the surface but the truth is the only hope we have to run the ball is to try to take advantage of the dline getting up field too quickly and beating them on a draw. And we absolutely have to run the ball to give Wolford any kind of shot to complete passes.

It's a down year talent-wise. I don't buy for a second that it's coaching.

This needs to be repeated tenfold. The draw plays are frustrating, but we have no alternative.

Anyone else notice how Clemson appears to have a staff member (probably a GA) who seems to be designated to pull Brent Venables off the field when he gets worked up? I watched for a bit, every play he would grab him by the hips and slide him back to the sideline. Then Venables would ease his way back onto the field immediately after he let go. It was pretty bizarre.

Yeah there is a guy who did it (maybe same guy) for Dabo when he goes on his expletive-laced tirades on the refs too. Dabo was still yelling "god damnit" at the line judge three plays later on the James' PI in front of their sideline.

Yeah there is a guy who did it (maybe same guy) for Dabo when he goes on his expletive-laced tirades on the refs too. Dabo was still yelling "god damnit" at the line judge three plays later on the James' PI in front of their sideline.

Jesus would be so proud.

This needs to be repeated tenfold. The draw plays are frustrating, but we have no alternative.

We ran a traditional handoff from under center in a one-back look for a few yards off tackle on a play early in the game. It really surprised me because I can't remember doing that any other time all year.

I'm glad that the telecast turned into the Bud and KJ show. They have been good players the last 4 years and deserved their time in the spotlight on national TV. The game probably saved us from poachers getting some of our commits. Those recruits can see that Clawson is improving the program and will bring them success.

Back