• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Politicians

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
I will never vote for the following people who attended Clemson University:

Nikki Haley
David Beasley
Harvey Gantt
Strom Thurmond

I was actually Nikki Haley fan when I lived in SC. She ran on education reform, she brought jobs to the state when it desperately needed to stop the brain drain. She eventually came around on removing the confederate flag, and said she wouldn't sign any bathroom bills that came across her desk. For a Republican Governor of a very Republican State, she didn't come across as overly terrible.

But yes, she became terrible soon after.

I was actually Nikki Haley fan when I lived in SC. She ran on education reform, she brought jobs to the state when it desperately needed to stop the brain drain. She eventually came around on removing the confederate flag, and said she wouldn't sign any bathroom bills that came across her desk. For a Republican Governor of a very Republican State, she didn't come across as overly terrible.

But yes, she became terrible soon after.
She had to move far right if she was going to have any chance of winning the nomination in the modern GOP (I don't think she's ever had a chance). It would be the same with any other Republican, including Youngkin, the VA governor that some Republicans who are wary of Trump want to run now that DeSantis seems to be fading. If he does get into the race he'll have to run pretty much as a clone of Trump to have any chance at the GOP nomination - soft-pedaling most culture war issues like he did to win the VA governor's race (except for the whole CRT in schools issue) won't get him anywhere with most Republicans in the primaries. Not that it matters, as Trump is almost certainly going to cruise to the nomination again no matter who runs against him.

Last edited:
Back