• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson QB Chad Kelly detained and booted from the team

TopHat

Reaction score
Not sure what happened, but wouldn't be surprised if he tried to rob a store and tore his ACL before making it to the door.

Looks like now he can focus on his promising rap career with no distractions.

U could see this one coming from a mile away,,we will miss you Swag Kelly!

Looks like now he can focus on his promising rap career with no distractions.

Lol it isn't the first time he's been booted before summer and it probably won't be the last.

My son was on an unofficial visit to the Clemson spring game this weekend. Later on in the first half, Kelly went ape shit on the White team coach for play calling and not going for it on 4 and 3 around mid-field. On the sidelines, multiple coaches got in his face for the next 5 minutes and he never backed down. I was sitting 10 feet away from Kelly's dad who stood up and started yelling at the coaches from the stands (~ 4th row) - "give him a break, he is just really competitive". Add to that that he didn't play very well (we left at halftime) and I am not surprised.

He is in a tough spot. #1 overall 2014 QB recruit came in early this spring and the senior QB (Stoudt?) was clearly out playing him to that point of the game.

Last edited:
My son was on an unofficial visit to the Clemson spring game this weekend. Later on in the first half, Kelly went ape shit on the White team coach for play calling and not going for it on 4 and 3 around mid-field. On the sidelines, multiple coaches got in his face for the next 5 minutes and he never backed down. I was sitting 10 feet away from Kelly's dad who stood up and started yelling at the coaches from the stands (~ 4th row) - "give him a break, he is just really competitive". Add to that that he didn't play very well (we left at halftime) and I am not surprised.

You know it is bad when a Clemson fan is saying someone "overreacted".

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bmoneydeac again

Give Dabo credit for kicking a jerk off the team

Back