• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson QB Watson

Haha, we've dodged so many starting QBs this year.

Well the backup started the season as the starter. So I think we're probably still going to lose by a lot.

Who knows. Stoudt sucks. Maybe we keep it respectable

Possibly. I think that Stoudt will be a bit more ready to play than he was against Louisville. The run factor will be non-existent, but they will plan for that.

However, the long absent Clemson defense showed up for the last couple of games, and I think that will be more problematic.

Clemson does have a good D this year. First time in a while that's the case

If he can just hand the ball off, we're in trouble.

Stoudt sucks, this game is more winnable than you think.

Ole "3 and out Stoudt" was hurt in the Louisville game as well. His shoulder is jacked up, and we are very thin on the O-line. The defense is pretty damn good this year, and I think they will be the difference until Watson gets back. O-line hurting, Watson out, Stoudt hurting, and on the road, this is the week we will be most vulnerable, I think.

Already two losses though, and we could/should have won either of those games. Morris has been taking a lot of heat this year for his play calling.

Ole "3 and out Stoudt" was hurt in the Louisville game as well. His shoulder is jacked up, and we are very thin on the O-line. The defense is pretty damn good this year, and I think they will be the difference until Watson gets back. O-line hurting, Watson out, Stoudt hurting, and on the road, this is the week we will be most vulnerable, I think.

Already two losses though, and we could/should have won either of those games. Morris has been taking a lot of heat this year for his play calling.

An away game you lost by 24 points, being shut out in the second half is a coulda/shoulda game? Damn. And I felt silly suggesting that Wake was only a few plays away from bowl contention.

An away game you lost by 24 points, being shut out in the second half is a coulda/shoulda game? Damn. And I felt silly suggesting that Wake was only a few plays away from bowl contention.

Yep. We were tied at halftime, and one of those UGA scores was a kick return. We looked good, and showed we could hang with Georgia in that game. The crowd was out of it for most of the first half.

But Morris came out of half time with one of the most absurdly conservative play calling efforts. The offense tanked with a bunch of 3 and outs, and the defense got gassed. The coaches fucked that game up with play calling and refusal to play Watson.

I will say FSU was more of a shoulda and UGA more of a coulda...

Yep. We were tied at halftime, and one of those UGA scores was a kick return. We looked good, and showed we could hang with Georgia in that game. The crowd was out of it for most of the first half.

But Morris came out of half time with one of the most absurdly conservative play calling efforts. The offense tanked with a bunch of 3 and outs, and the defense got gassed. The coaches fucked that game up with play calling and refusal to play Watson.

Or, your special teams got smoked by a Heisman candidate and Pruitt made a few adjustments to the Georgia defense that Clemson couldn't keep up with personnel-wise. Agree that Watson is better than Stoudt, but Dabo named him the starter months ago based on performance. I think you should stick with him a little longer than three quarters when you think the other guy isn't even as good.

So it all comes down to which defense scores more points.

How many more times this year will Dabo allow him to call a shotgun run on 4th and inches?

How many more times this year will Dabo allow him to call a shotgun run on 4th and inches?

It's incredible. The excuse Morris gives is that we don't work much from under center, but he called a play with Watson under center in the damn FSU game. I don't expect coordinators to be perfect, but Lobo could call a shotgun jet sweep on 4th and inches for a hell of a lot less than Morris is making.

Back