• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemsoning

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
If in the slightest chance that wake has a chance to win or lose by less than two touchdowns what do we have to do? OR what does Clemson have to do (or not do) for wake to have a legitimate, outside chance to win. Or for Clemson to pull a Clemson (clemsoning). I'm thinking Boyd has to be "off", we need 1 special team and/or defensive TD AND Josh Harris needs to pull out a FSU type game from two years ago. What say ye?

There is absolutely no chance Wake can win if Lobo brings his east-west, slow developing game plan on Saturday. On top of that, Grobe usually coaches scared at Clemson. <1% chance of winning.

I've been thinking we need at least 2 special teams/defensive TD's, just to make it halfway interesting.

How great would it be to see Grobe go 180 and do everything contrary to his instincts. Something else to make it halfway interesting.

Keys to a win:

1. At least +3 TO margin
2. At least 400 yards of offense
3. At least one defensive or special teams touchdown

We could do all of that and still lose by a couple touchdowns.

1. Go for it on 4th downs.
2. Win turnover battle
3. A huge big play on offense when their defense has a mental error (this will happen)
4. Absolutely dominating time of possession>
5. Our defensive line must frustrate Tajh Boyd to no end.

Keys to a win:

1. At least +3 TO margin
2. At least 400 yards of offense
3. At least one defensive or special teams touchdown

We could do all of that and still lose by a couple touchdowns.

We'll be lucky to scratch 250. And that's with Camp having over 150 yds receiving.

Boyd's going to have to Boyd and throw 4 picks for us to have a chance.

We'll be lucky to scratch 250. And that's with Camp having over 150 yds receiving.

Yeah that 400 yards is more unlikely than boyd throwing 4 ints. Shows my lack of confidence in lobo. Pray I'm wrong

he's done it before...

Clemson's defense isn't very good, but neither is our offense. We gained 290 yards last year and got stomped.

Via today's MTOW per Grobe....

"We just played such a physical game. There’s not one kid on our defense, especially, that doesn’t have something wrong with him — sore knee, ankle, shoulder. Something is going on with everybody right now. That was a gut check the other day.’’

I was at West Point and didn't see anything out of the ordinary physical wise. Just a normal football game.

:confused:

Wake wins if the Plague were to strike every player on the team and every able bodied student that could potentially walk on as a replacement

Hope our guys are feeling okay, but it's football, Coach...don't be surprised that they are dinged up by Week 5. That's always how it is. Is that really a "gut check"?

I fear that younger Jim Grobe would have spent this week talking about hair on fire and snot bubbles, whereas older Jim Grobe is making injury excuses.

Expect to see confusion, hesitation, and indecisiveness. IOW, just what we saw at BC and against ULM.
We may well not see Tajh Boyd for more than 2 quarters, unless Dabo decides to roll up some Heisman stats.
BTW, is Deandre Martin in the dog pound?

BTW, is Deandre Martin in the dog pound?

From what little we saw of him at West Point, he looks like he's been enhaling cheeseburgers.

You know the scene in The Last Boy Scout where the running back whips out the pistol and shoots all the defensive players on his way to the end zone? Yeah.

I've been thinking we need at least 2 special teams/defensive TD's, just to make it halfway interesting.

How great would it be to see Grobe go 180 and do everything contrary to his instincts. Something else to make it halfway interesting.

So in order to precipitate a Clemsoning, Grobe would have to pull a Costanza.

If in the slightest chance that wake has a chance to win or lose by less than two touchdowns what do we have to do? OR what does Clemson have to do (or not do) for wake to have a legitimate, outside chance to win. Or for Clemson to pull a Clemson (clemsoning). I'm thinking Boyd has to be "off", we need 1 special team and/or defensive TD AND Josh Harris needs to pull out a FSU type game from two years ago. What say ye?

I've been saying this for two weeks. Book it.

Back