• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clinton Email Problem

I find it quite exciting and somewhat dangerous that as I watch the news the President is just learning it in real time with me. I know its niave to think with all his resources he might be one step ahead of regular folk but he isn't. I was thinking maybe he can get some contacts in the media and have them give him a heads up before the story airs? I don't know maybe that is too far fetched.

You mean the liberally dominated media didn't tip off a Democratic President? Now that sounds far fetched.

But it seems to be a rather egregious conflict of interest to be soliciting donations from the same address you use to conduct international diplomacy on behalf of the people of the United States.

Right. That's the concern. Not that she shouldn't have a personal email at all.

Well known liberal rag, National Review, published an article that Trey Gowdy and crew have known about Hillary's private email address for 6 months. Why didn't they issue subpoenas for those emails before now? No doubt the Clintons look bad, but others, including the GOP, aren't going to come off unscathed either.

One of the concerns; security and transparency being other notables.

Right. But those concerns apply to any politician with their own server, not just Hillary (or Powell, I guess).

Well known liberal rag, National Review, published an article that Trey Gowdy and crew have known about Hillary's private email address for 6 months. Why didn't they issue subpoenas for those emails before now? No doubt the Clintons look bad, but others, including the GOP, aren't going to come off unscathed either.

From what I've read, they asked for emails to be turned over and some were, but there are gaps of missing emails that aren't accounted for in what Hillary's team turned over, thus the reason it's becoming an issue now.

From what I've read, they asked for emails to be turned over and some were, but there are gaps of missing emails that aren't accounted for in what Hillary's team turned over, thus the reason it's becoming an issue now.

That makes sense. It would take some time to figure that out. That's a different issue that simply not having a .gov email address.

That makes sense. It would take some time to figure that out. That's a different issue that simply not having a .gov email address.

Well, it probably wasn't an issue when it was assumed she had turned over everything from her private server/account. But when large holes are found in the data AND she is using an email server that resides in her own home, it makes sense to make it a news story in my opinion.

Regardless, I think it's an issue whether she used the address to cover her tracks or not. Just like I am strictly forbidden from using my personal email to conduct business at my job, the same should be even more true for someone leading the State Department. And it appears that it was, based on internal State Department policy. It's definitely something that should be further clarified by legislation rather than just regulation.

Last edited:
I agree with that.

Well, it probably wasn't an issue when it was assumed she had turned over everything from her private server/account. But when large holes are found in the data AND she is using an email server that resides in her own home, it makes sense to make it a news story in my opinion.

Regardless, I think it's an issue whether she used the address to cover her tracks or not. Just like I am strictly forbidden from using my personal email to conduct business at my job, the same should be even more true for someone leading the State Department. And it appears that it was, based on internal State Department policy. It's definitely something that should be further clarified by legislation rather than just regulation.

Hillary is smart enough to know that (I would assume). It baffles me that she did this and didn't think that it would cause a problem.

My email server just shows people's names when I get an email. Not sure how .gov is set up.

Well, goodbye to all of that.

“The point that the president was making is not that he didn’t know Secretary Clinton’s email address, he did," Earnest said.

Who paid for HC's e-mail service?

Agree 100%

Above the fold in tomorrow's NYT: America owes Brave Public Servant for unreimbursed Expenses.

Yes, the news outlet that broke this story will make the subject matter seem like a hero. You truly are a visionary, sir. A visionary of something that isn't based in a reality or logic, but a visionary none-the-less.

Yes, the news outlet that broke this story will make the subject matter seem like a hero. You truly are a visionary, sir. A visionary of something that isn't based in a reality or logic, but a visionary none-the-less.

Perhaps, but I've spent my whole life and never been dethroned as a mod from an offbrand ACC message board.

hahaha. Dethroned? hahahahaha. Did you think that was going to get a rise out of me?

Post counts and "mod dethronement". Your insults are so lame. You just are not an intentionally funny person.

Back