• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM vs VT

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Played great the last 25 minutes on offense- the best he has played in the last 2 years. He hit 3 pointers, foul shots, mid-range shots , and had 11 assists . His defense was not as good and he almost blew the last possession again . But he should be congratulated on a good performance . I hope to see more of that kind of play next year and better shooting after work this summer with a shot doctor .

Last edited:
Played great the last 25 minutes on offense- the best he has played in the last 2 years. He looked hit 3 pointers, foul shots, mid-range shots , and had 11 assists . His defense was not as good and he almost blew the last possession again . But he should be congratulated on a good performance . I hope to see more of that kind of play next year and better shooting after work this summer with a shot doctor .

Agreed, I thought the last two weeks of the season, CMM really raised his level of play. Ending up shooting 64% on free throws, not bad and I imagine a pretty good improvement over past years.

If he can improve his outside stroke, he can be a very good player for us. I'm not optimistic that he can, however.

Guys, he's not going to develop a 3 point shot, and he doesn't need to. Yesterday he did everything we need from a PG on this team: He drove the lane and either drew defenders and passed, or didn't draw them and scored. More than that, he had 11 assists and one turnover. ONE TURNOVER. Yesterday's performance wasn't just good for CMM, it wasn't just good for Wake Forest, it was good on any scale for any point guard.

If he could shoot even 30% from 3, it would be great, but it's not necessary. We have other guys that can do that. What we are sorely in need of is a guy who can take people off the dribble to collapse a defense, and that's what CMM did yesterday.

Last edited:
Guys, he's not going to develop a 3 point shot, and he doesn't need to. Yesterday he did everything we need from a PG on this team: He drove the lane and either drew defenders and passed, or didn't draw them and scored. More than that, he had 11 assists and one turnover. ONE TURNOVER. Yesterday's performance wasn't just good for CMM, it wasn't just good for Wake Forest, it was good on any scale for any point guard.

If he could shoot even 30% from 3, it would be great, but it's not necessary. We have other guys that can do that. What we are sorely in need of is a guy who can take people off the dribble to collapse a defense, and that's what CMM did yesterday.

We need more outside shooters, ideally those who can also play defense. But I agree, CMM does not have to be that guy and is not likely to get much better from the outside by next year.

Played great the last 25 minutes on offense- the best he has played in the last 2 years. He hit 3 pointers, foul shots, mid-range shots , and had 11 assists . His defense was not as good and he almost blew the last possession again . But he should be congratulated on a good performance . I hope to see more of that kind of play next year and better shooting after work this summer with a shot doctor .

He seemed pretty down today about the loss but when he heard about this thread he really perked up.

I'm not going to take yesterday's performance against one of the few teams worse than us as a sign that he doesn't need to develop a jump shot. He clearly does, as it makes his drive that much harder to defend if you have to respect a guy's jump shot.

He seemed pretty down today about the loss but when he heard about this thread he really perked up.

Truth. Hearing that from the same guy that wanted him to transfer less than a week ago really did brighten Codi's spirits.

I overreacted at halftime of the Duke game when we were down 52-15. However , Codi and DT usually perform better against small teams like VT with no rim protectors . CMM's outside shot and midrange game looked good too though . I would love to see more of the same next year.

I overreacted at halftime of the Duke game when we were down 52-15. However , Codi and DT usually perform better against small teams like VT with no rim protectors . CMM's outside shot and midrange game looked good too though . I would love to see more of the same next year.

Nobody GAF what you think.

Back