• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN reporting gunshots on Capitol Hill

Apparently there was a baby inside the car with the woman. Seems like we have a real winner here

Rammed the gates of the White House, chopper landing on the reflecting pool and shots near the capitol. Man, that must have been a crazy scene because that encompasses nearly the whole mall area. That is not a small area.

Some witnesses saying she was talking/jawing at officers from her black car at the white house, then backed into a police cruiser and maybe a barricade, then sped off. Guess she headed towards the capital and they got the order to stop her using force.

THANKS OBAMA

Appears all of the gunshots were from officers based on the latest reports. The injured officer was injured by car crash. It appears that rather than stopping the car through ramming or boxing it in, they just shot the driver.

Appears all of the gunshots were from officers based on the latest reports. The injured officer was injured by car crash. It appears that rather than stopping the car through ramming or boxing it in, they just shot the driver.

You know I am usually with you on things like this (and I might still be when all the facts come out) but stopping a person that has rammed the White House gate and driving like a bat out of hell around an extremely heavy populated area is not the easiest place to disable a car without risk of death to bystanders. If she showed no willingness to stop and they had a chance to take her out without hurting anyone else I don't think I have a problem with it. That being said... There are still a lot of facts to be uncovered.

The video on CNN suggests that she was stopped and surrounded and then drove away after backing into a police care and running through scurrying officers who THEN fired at her. Don't know if she was hit then or later...it's a bystander video that stops before she ultimately does.

Wonder who she was and why she ran, especially in such a way as to endanger the officers?

I hope the assholes don't refuse to cover the injured if they were working without pay.

Maybe that is why they shot the woman, they were working without pay and were pissed off about it.

You know, shooting more bad drivers isn't the worst idea in the world.

Its always nice when perpetrators have a well thought out plan. Like this for example she probably popped in white house down from redbox, saw how easy it is to take the white house and decided that the best course of action was probably to ram her mini van through the gates which would obviously come flying off, then in a solid 40mph drive unopposed to the front steps of the white house, she also was very attention detailed in making sure to check Obama's schedule to confirm that he was in fact at the white house, she would saunter her way through the doors and complete her mission freeing American from this Muslim dictator. Later championed as a hero of the people and pardoned for all her crimes.

You are dumb as bag full of hammers...

Looks like its a tea party "sister" eh...

Miriam Carey's mother, Idella Carey, has told ABC News that her daughter "had post-partum depression after having [a] baby" last August. According to Idella Carey, "a few months later, she got sick. She was depressed. ... She was hospitalized."

The Stamford Advocate adds Miriam Carey "was a licensed dental hygienist and according to a local law enforcement official, she suffered from mental illness, but had no criminal record."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...illed-after-d-c-chase-may-have-had-depression

You know I am usually with you on things like this (and I might still be when all the facts come out) but stopping a person that has rammed the White House gate and driving like a bat out of hell around an extremely heavy populated area is not the easiest place to disable a car without risk of death to bystanders. If she showed no willingness to stop and they had a chance to take her out without hurting anyone else I don't think I have a problem with it. That being said... There are still a lot of facts to be uncovered.

It's far less risky than popping off shots at a moving vehicle, IMO

I'm kind of conflicted on this one as well SND. I see both sides of the argument which sucks because I like to know which one is right so I can totally disregard the other and get on with my life.

Back