• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Caldwell - YOU'RE FIRED!

Hell of a guy but no excuse for the team to be that bad this year. If I was JC I'd call it a career and head for the beach. Wouldn't surprise me to see him move back to WS on a permanent basis. Didn't the Caldwells keep a home there?

i don't think anybody hates jim caldwell.

Just a couple hours ago ESPN was reporting that it was confirmed he would stay. Strange one

This is the right move for Indy. Get rid of a mediocre at best HC and the Polians, who haven't drafted well for 7-8 years. Time to start over - and draft Luck.

But while not a good HC, Gentleman Jim is a great guy. Hope he lands somewhere he's happy.

He was an offensive line coach...wasn't he?

Caldwell is a great human being and a good coordinator, but he is a horrible head coach. He was atrocious here and things had been slipping in Indy for a while even before Peyton got hurt. I wish him the best of luck, though, and hope he catches on as a coordinator somewhere if he wants to continue coaching.

He used to live in salem glen, and 2 years ago he bought a house in Salem glen. I believe his son lives out there.

I would imagine he would lay low for a while but I wouldn't mind him working with our offense some.

Yep. Losing Manning sucks, but teams lose superstars all the time and remain at least moderately competitive. The Colts weren't even close to being competitive for most of the season; it appeared the team just didn't care.

All true. So no surprise. Coach Caldwell is a super nice man through.

Caldwell, [Redacted], and Gaudio all seem to share similar traits. All make good assistant coaches, but have proven to be not-so-good as a head coach. Some people just aren't cut out to be the boss.

Caldwell was a great assistant coach at Penn State under Paterno. He also was a great assistant to Dungy at Tampa and Indy. He rode the coattails of Manning, who pretty much ran the offense anyway. Unfortunately, when you lose your MVP, you actually have to "coach" your way of that kind of situation and he just couldn't do it.

I wish him all the best and I think he'll land on his feet somewhere pretty soon. If he takes a coordinator position in the NFL or NCAA, he'll make whatever team he goes to better.

Back