• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaches Luncheon posting on Facebook

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
There is post about the Coaches Luncheon on Thursday on Facebook. My comment:

"Do the coaches have to eat something comparable to the product they are putting on the field? If so, Alpo or Purina???"

"Do the coaches have to eat something comparable to the product they are putting on the field? If so, Alpo or Purina???"

Dog shit seems more appropriate than dog food.

And how long before the Premiere and his minions deleted it?

Coaches Luncheon was not well attended Thursday. Many tables were empty and most of those present were members of the Athletic Department. There was no groundbreaking insight provided and of course there were no tough questions.

It is an absolute shame that our two flagship programs have devolved into such conditions where apathy is the primary reaction, followed by anger and disgust. I never thought it would have been allowed to get in this shape. Wonder what it will take for someone to do something that actually makes a difference?

Coaches Luncheon was not well attended Thursday. Many tables were empty and most of those present were members of the Athletic Department. There was no groundbreaking insight provided and of course there were no tough questions.

It is an absolute shame that our two flagship programs have devolved into such conditions where apathy is the primary reaction, followed by anger and disgust. I never thought it would have been allowed to get in this shape. Wonder what it will take for someone to do something that actually makes a difference?

Did Ron smile like a jackass when his employees asked the "hard-hitting" questions?

Never seen an athletic program implode like this. Unbelievable.

Did Ron smile like a jackass when his employees asked the "hard-hitting" questions?

Never seen an athletic program implode like this. Unbelievable.

He has the most punchable face in history. I'd really like to jam my hand through that jackass's grin

I had completely forgotten this was today (err, yesterday). I guess apathy has that effect on you after a while. I would've loved to attend it because there's something fascinating about witnessing train wrecks.

"Actually, if you look back at previous coaches luncheons held in mid-September, you'll see attendance wasn't very good either. In fact, attendance at coaches luncheons has increased 3%year over year. Couldn't be happier." -Ron Wellman

Oh, heavens yes!

Good. The cumstains in charge obviously don't care what a majority of the fanbase thinks, as long as they keep paying their salaries. The best way to burn this thing to the ground is complete and total apathy. Show up for nothing, give nothing.

Last edited:
If they don't care what we think, they probably don't care if we don't think. Less people disturbing their sandbox and piggy bank.

Funny when I followed the link to register on-line for the luncheon the day before the message was this event is no longer available. In the past I have had no trouble registering. I also found it curious that the luncheon seemed to be so poorly advertised compared with previous coaches luncheons.

Funny when I followed the link to register on-line for the luncheon the day before the message was this event is no longer available. In the past I have had no trouble registering. I also found it curious that the luncheon seemed to be so poorly advertised compared with previous coaches luncheons.

That's weird given BabyDeac's post. Could they have gotten worried pissed off fans were going to show up?

Can anyone report what questions were asked and how they were answered?

That is pretty shady if they cut off attendance to the event, and then it was still poorly attended. Sure makes it sound like they wanted to control the crowd.

That is pretty shady if they cut off attendance to the event, and then it was still poorly attended. Sure makes it sound like they wanted to control the crowd.

The more I hear out of the AD, the more it's becoming increasingly clear to me that it's not shady as much as it is administrative incompetence...

Back