• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaches & players attack a youth football ref

That makes me absolutely sick. The coaches that threw punches or kicks shouldn't be allowed to coach children ever again. Don't give me that bullshit about being caught up in the emotion of the game. That's just uncalled for.

As someone who used to referee youth basketball, I'm shocked this doesn't happen more often. The coaches who are supposed to lead by example were often the most classless pricks of the whole bunch, and I definitely saw far more problems with coaches/players in underprivileged areas of town than anywhere else. There's a reason the officiating organization I worked for provided us with an insurance policy.

Does Florida have a lynching law that would apply to a large group of men attacking another man?

In FLA it's a felony to attack a sports official.

This kind of thing should be reserved for college games. It might have been appropriate last night.

kidding.

Speaking seriously, sport is in trouble when adults not only condone such behavior but actually participate. The coaches involved should never coach again on the youth level. And the players should not play again this year.

I'm a big fan of the dude that strolls up to get his melee on with his 2 yr old cradled in front of him. (2:10ish)

I like the guys coming over to the other bench at the end and saying "sorry about that" or whatever, like it was an accident

Back