• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Codi Miller-McIntirye is coming - GREAT

This team is in desperate need of a scoring punch. CMM can score. Gimme some.

When CP3 left, that vaunted class were seniors and finished dead last in the ACC. If it was that good of a class, 4 of them, they would not have let the team finish 12th. Enough said.

Remebmer, reff PMed me about a dozen times telling me Skip to Cinci was a done deal.

Reff did the absolutely impossible. He got Skip not to like him. Skip wouldv'e found a way to like Attila.

Anyone who doesn't think Eric Williams was an extremely good college player has no cluse what he/she is talking about. He scored over 1700 points and grabbed over 850 rebounds at Wake.

Here are the stats for his last two years:

2004-05 33 32 950 28.8 201 319 .630 0 0 --- 128 225 .569 93-162-255 7.7 89-2 16 67 36 39 530 16.1
2005-06 34 34 1107 32.6 223 360 .619 0 0 --- 109 221 .493 107-194-301 8.9 87-2 34 77 37 44 555 16.3

We'd kill for a player like him right now. As would about 340 teams in D1.

Why bother getting into it with Ref? You are better than that RJ...and you know how little I think of you (haha...just joshing).

On board the CMM train btw. I think we need a scorer more than a classic distributor. It makes sense for [Redacted]'s offense. CMM will be a star.

this thread is eerily reminiscent of packpride after harrow clowned kendall marshall in a similarly meaningless aau game

Actually it's not. Oak Hill is an AAU super team. Hargrave has some really good players, but not as many as Oak Hil.

Also Hargrave tends to play a more structured game.

TBR is right in that in [Redacted]'s version of a Princeton offense everyone has to handle the ball. A pure PG isn't truly needed.

The guy bringing the ball up gets into the lane to set up the next pass more thna the first pass as a true PG would do.

Also it is designed for that guy to decide whether or not to take it to the hole. This is why I will not be surprised to see Tree get the second or third pass after we get possession and become the facillitator.

We have three really good spot up shooters in CJ, Chase and Codi. Two will play with Tree.

I think we might go a little KY with a rotation for those three at the guard positions (with Tony getting some minutes). Then we will play a lot of two of Tree, Travis and Moto at the forwards with Devin being a mobile center.

Carson will be the back-up center.

This will be a variation on the Carril offense that is rarely seen as we are goign to have some athletes who can create mismatches.

Basketball is about creating mismatches. I'm, surprised we haven't thrown away the archaic and formal concept of hardcore position descriptions yet.

Don't be shocked to see uis make more turnovers before Xmas next year (in spite of more talent) than we are maknig this pre-ACC season.

This is not an easy offense to run.

One of the reasons you haven't seen NCAA champs running it is few of those teams over the past twenty years have the contiuity of personnel to teach it.

The Ki/s went from mediocrity to upper tier in the NBA doing it. The Red Holtzman Knicks are legendary for their motion offense and very bad rebounding.

I think it's ambitious to think that Devin and Aaron will be starting.

ETA: After thinking about your post further, I have become completely confused as to what line-ups you are envisioning. Personally, my bet is on... CMM, CJ, McKie, Moto, and Carson...then Devin, Chase, Aaron, and TC.

Last edited:
What's confusing:

Guard rotation - CJ/Codi/Chase -minor mpg for Tony/Tree
Forward rotation- Travis, Moto, Tree -minor mpg for Tyler and Devin
Center rotation- Devin Carson, Daniel/Dre minor mpg

Your post was Faulkner style stream of consciousness.

Looks like we're on pretty much the same page; I just don't think that Devin will be as ready as Carson.

CMM will be better than Tyler. No question about it.

Also, I think the lineup will look something like this...

TC, CJ, McKie, Devin and Carson. I put it this way because I think Wake is better off with McKie at the 3 instead of the 4.

with CMM, Fish, Tree and Green the first ones to come off the bench followed by Fields and Moto. Andre...your time is comming big fella just keep developing. And for Cavanaugh, I think he'll be a really good player, but from what I hear he needs alot of maturing (basketball-wise) to do.

The one thing I like about our incoming class is none of the players seem to be "knotheads" as the other head ball coach at WF would call them. I really love this class.

Your post was Faulkner style stream of consciousness.

Looks like we're on pretty much the same page; I just don't think that Devin will be as ready as Carson.

Normally I'd agree with you. However seems seems to be an unusual case for a few reasons:

1. He grew (and may still be growing) late. He learned how to get more out of his ability and size than most interior players do at an early age. He had to.

2. His dad is his AAU coach. Normally this mans the kid is a primadonna who floats and scores. Devin's dad did the opposite. He made his son do all the dirty work of playing D and rebounding.

3. He had a strength and conditioning coach for this year. The same guy helped his sister become ACC ROY. Like Deven she wasn't as heralded as many of the other frosh in the ACC.

Devin is that rarest of 17yos. His head seems to be on straight and he's willing go the extra mile to succeed.

This is not the run of the mill kid.

I think expecting three freshmen to successfully run such such a system isn't very realistic. Devin is the key to next season either at the 4 or 5. I'm excited about him but really have no idea if he is ready to step into a starting role and be effective.

When CP3 left, that vaunted class were seniors and finished dead last in the ACC. If it was that good of a class, 4 of them, they would not have let the team finish 12th. Enough said.

Let's not forget that said team had Harvey Hale and Joe Dukes running the point. I remember all the speculation about CP3 leaving that spring- the whole story about the Crowne Oaks lease and CP3 driving a Mercedes and signing with an agent- we were all on pins and needles for weeks- the boards had turned into a middle school girls gossip session. Then, we all see ole Joe Dukes as a new commit on the old scout boards- you could hear a pin drop on the boards- we all knew we were fucked and the program was set back years. Oden and Conley were already signed sealed delivered to tOSU at that point too. What a horrible Spring.

To be fair to Dukes- he was put in a no win situation. He never had ACC level talent and was an insurance policy. Hale was never recruited to run point either. They both played admirably and to their abilities considering the circumstances they were put in. I also still think the 2005-2006 team was hungover from the WVU debacle, but the Skip to Cincy talk sure didn't help matters. JGray, Ellis, Trent, and Big E looked lost without CP3 back there, but I can't really blame them. I don't think any of us appreciated how good he actually was in setting up his teammates until he was gone. Chris could've scored 35 a night if he wanted to but he was a pass first kind of guy. I feel for Justin and Eric because they likely would've gotten a better shot in the League had they left in 2005.

Hell, I don't think we got over that hangover from the disaster of the Spring of 2005 to Skip dying, etc. until that game at home vs. Duke in 2008 where we beat them when they were top No. 2 in the country. That was truly where I felt like we had moved on and were "back as a program." Say what you will about Dino but atleast we were nationally relevant.

Last edited:
To be fair to Dukes- he was put in a no win situation. He never had ACC level talent and was an insurance policy. Hale was never recruited to run point either. They both played admirably and to their abilities considering the circumstances they were put in. I also still think the 2005-2006 team was hungover from the WVU debacle, but the Skip to Cincy talk sure didn't help matters. JGray, Ellis, Trent, and Big E looked lost without CP3 back there, but I can't really blame them. I don't think any of us appreciated how good he actually was in setting up his teammates until he was gone. Chris could've scored 35 a night if he wanted to but he was a pass first kind of guy. I feel for Justin and Eric because they likely would've gotten a better shot in the League had they left in 2005.

I actually remember those guys gave Brewer/Noah/Hoford a game at the Garden in 2005. Trent and Eric were both averaging double-doubles through seven or eight games and Justin was just starting to assume mid-season form.

I actually remember those guys gave Brewer/Noah/Hoford a game at the Garden in 2005. Trent and Eric were both averaging double-doubles through seven or eight games and Justin was just starting to assume mid-season form.

Yep think that FL game was right after WF beat a Bobby Knight lead TTU team on a 30 footer from J-Gray at the buzzer. That same team had one of the more memorable wins i've seen in person that season against Wisky in the Big10/ACC challenge. J-Gray went off that game and single handedly won the game. Scored over 30 and I honestly don't think he missed a shot. Just went bonkers.

Back