• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CofC Game Thread

We being Wake or College of Charleston?

Oh, hey bro. You got lost...Here you are ! http://cofcfans.com/boards/index.php
8d5RdCR.jpg

Coincidence that we are better with no more Bz players?

If only we had an Eric Williams at Center. It's seems we always get pieces but never have them all at the same time.

If we are going to play zones, we should use the same guys each time. They should practice as a group.

With our team, I kinda like 1-3-1 the best, even though it's really hard to play well and gives up drives. Keyshawn and Bryant are really good at weakside rebounding. Because of his length, JC can control a lot of the court from the top., but he really needs to learn how to shade the wings to the middle.

The questions become; Can Austin move laterally enough to play the wing? And is the movement too much to give Doral to learn and not foul. If Doral can move, use his length and shot-blocking. He could cheat to help Austin and control the lane. Or should we use it to hide Dinos' lack of quickness against the smaller PFs?

Zones are much harder to play than man-to-man. It's why few played it a lot and why Boeheim uses it exclusively.

In some ways, the 1-3-1 was the precursor to the pack line. It's much like how Jack Kraft's ball defense morphed into the match-up zone or how like Dr. Jack's zone, trap press turned into UCLA's full court press.

Also invented in the Big 5 was the Box and One (and of course the Triangle and two) by Temple Coach Harry Litwack.

Remember when we were being fed AD nonsense about how GMc was the most athletic player on the team, and we would be winning all of these games if we had him healthy?

Remember when we were being fed AD nonsense about how GMc was the most athletic player on the team, and we would be winning all of these games if we had him healthy?

Thought that was Daniel Green as well

I mean last year Danny Manning said that Crab was the most improved player on the team and he expected big things from him.

I mean last year Danny Manning said that Crab was the most improved player on the team and he expected big things from him.

Not really the same thing.

FWIW, I do remember the Manning quote about Crab, but I don't remember the McClinton quote. Was pretty down on Wake hoops during that time.

Did [name redacted] ever push Green as the "savior of the program" or anything along those lines beyond the standard "he's a good player, he should make us better"? I thought most of the Green stuff was exaggerated on here.

I try to block out most of the [name redacted] era, so he could have easily said something stupid as hell like that.

Green's potential impact was exaggerated on here because the Bz apologists and the Sunshine Brigade always chose to play up his ability.

To add to this, I hope that the team is learning the type of energy and intensity it takes to compete consistently for 40 minutes at a high level. Thought Villanova brought it in all phases of the game. That game not only exposed a few of our weaknesses (that hopefully can be remedied as the team comes together) but also Villanova showed how you can play at a high level AND under control all at the same time.

Yep. Which is why I want our team to look at Villanova as a model of what they can be.

To add to this, I hope that the team is learning the type of energy and intensity it takes to compete consistently for 40 minutes at a high level. Thought Villanova brought it in all phases of the game. That game not only exposed a few of our weaknesses (that hopefully can be remedied as the team comes together) but also Villanova showed how you can play at a high level AND under control all at the same time.

Duke usually does a pretty good job of showing us that a couple times a year too. We must be slow learners.

Back