• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

i can verify that jhawk was made civ. i was given the power to recruit a recuit to the civ team

And you went with Manning. Ok, so we kill Manning now and then you regardless of how he turns up for gross misuse of power.

Knight, Crow, British civilian, news agent was killed

Make no mistake about it, in the Cold War was a war of information, and you play a vital role in propaganda, er, reporting the news of Britain. Specifically, you must report on the crop yields and the factory widgets produced. You are therefore reliant on hearing from both the British farmer and British factory worker each day. Even if you don’t trust what you’ve heard about crop yields and factory widget reports (or you haven’t heard any reports), you still must submit a report each day with the British numbers in order for your vote to count. The report will include crop yield numbers in tons and factory widgets in # of widgets. If the farmer or factory worker are dead, you have no choice but to trust the politician for this information. For every report you submit with 100% correct information you may submit a name for investigation at night that will return the result: town or anti-town. You win when all spooks are dead. You may visit the London cafe at any time, and you may use any name you wish, apart from pretending to be a moderator

Overnight, Da, Dove, Soviet civilian, politician was found killed.

In these tumultuous times you’re trying to keep your civilians safe, and you’re worried about the growing influence of intelligence agencies, foreign and domestic. You play a crucial role in the information wars that underpin this game. If either the Soviet farmer or factory worker are dead, you will receive the information they got and pass it along publicly, or you may choose not to. You need to make the Soviet Union sound strong, so you try and play up how many more crops and widgets you’re producing than Britain. You do so by PMing the mod at night with a report. It should say either “The USSR has a stronger crop yield than Britain” or “The USSR has produced more widgets than Britain.” This information will be passed along to Soviet intelligence mafia, who will have to determine whether the information is true or not. If they correctly guess whether the information is true, their night actions will succeed. If they are incorrect, their night actions will fail. Once you are dead or if you fail to submit a nightly report all mafia night actions will succeed unless another play can stop them. You win when all spooks are dead. You may visit the Moscow cafe at any time, and you may use any name you wish, apart from pretending to be a moderator.

It is now day 2. Deadline at 1:30. I will be away for most of day 2, please send any questions or night moves to parlay.

Tejas - recruitable civ was voted off the island.

Aquamarine, Italian Intelligence Officer - Recruitable. If you are recruited, you win with the faction who recruits you. If you are never recruited, you win with civilians. As an Italian spy, your tradecraft is focused on seduction. You may make one other player fall in love with you so deeply they must vote with you every round thereafter. You may choose this player starting on day 3 by PMing a moderator. The player will be informed they have been seduced and must then vote for the same player as you or else they will be AA’d. You may visit either the London Cafe or the Moscow Cafe at any time, and you may use any name you wish, apart from pretending to be a moderator.

All night move make sure you pm both me and townie. This night will likely be a little longer because it's me. I will likely fuck up. Deal with it. All moves due by 2:05p

Gooner - Yellow, French Intelligence Officer - Recruitable was found dead. If you are recruited, you win with the faction who recruits you. If you are never recruited, you win with civilians. As a French spy, your tradecraft is focused on surveillance. You’ve got a listening device and access to fingerprints database. In order to gain information about how these tools work, you may ask the moderator about one piece of equipment per night. After that, you may keep these tools to use yourself, or distribute them to players throughout the game at night. You may learn about and pass or use a tool on the same night, but only one at a time. You may visit either the London Cafe or the Moscow Cafe at any time, and you may use any name you wish, apart from pretending to be a moderator.

Gouda - Bluebird, British civilian, farmer - was also found dead. Times are tough. You’re just trying to survive, but spies are lurking around everywhere. Men may try and recruit you, but you only care for your family and your farm, and you will always refuse to be recruited. the moderator will provide you information about crop yields across Britain at the start of each day. You are free to post this information as-is publicly, either in thread or in the London cafe, you may post disinformation, or you may keep it to yourself and not post it. You will have to learn the value of this information for yourself. You may visit the London cafe at any time, and you may use any name you wish, apart from pretending to be a moderator

It is now day 3. Day 3 will end at 4:30. I am back as moderator now, but please continue to send all questions and night actions to both of us.

OK, so if a player could visit both London and Moscow cafes they were in all likelihood one of the recruitable players or the indys, I presume.
Will have to go back and read which players said they have been in both rooms.

We know manning did but then he posted this:

Well a citizen recruited me last night so I'm town all day now

So early in the round has me feeling that he likely isn't bullshitting on this and actually was recruited by the town. But can he be lured away by one of the mafs now?

And you went with Manning. Ok, so we kill Manning now and then you regardless of how he turns up for gross misuse of power.

when did you become such a dumb? Is this a new development?

btw to get this information out there because nobody believes me night 1 i gave gooner a shotgun that backfires and will kill whoever shoots it. That was to get him back for trolling me in the rick and morty game. I don't know if thats why he died last night though because I used my last weapon to kill gouda so civ vigs are still -ev and im sorry gouda. I am just a vanilla civ now though do with this what you will

So uh, how did Tejas know? Based on this I assume you believe that he did about manning/redwing.

Im not in the london cafe so i don't know what was/wasn't shared there and whether it could've been guessed or needed to be known. But there are definitely some folks who seem to know more than others about roles. And there is definitely more in these roles than what is being posted - for example, I can't make heads or tails of how gooner gets 1x tracker from his death post.

Well wait, if you think the gunsmith is recruitable and rommy has this power to recruit then that would make sense.

How jhawk explains and defends himself is on him, the move to recruit the gunsmith makes sense, if rommy is telling the truth.

btw to get this information out there because nobody believes me night 1 i gave gooner a shotgun that backfires and will kill whoever shoots it. That was to get him back for trolling me in the rick and morty game. I don't know if thats why he died last night though because I used my last weapon to kill gouda so civ vigs are still -ev and im sorry gouda. I am just a vanilla civ now though do with this what you will

jesus christ dude lol

Were you a 1-shot gunsmith or did you lose your power when you were recruited?

So you were recruitable and now aren't? And then all of this happened with guns

0*ryjPB5wa1lNlMq9g.

I don't think rommy puts his neck on the line for jhawk.

Even though jhawk is fucking DUMB and makes the worst moves possible, not worth discussing at this point.

incredible work son

Im not in the london cafe so i don't know what was/wasn't shared there and whether it could've been guessed or needed to be known. But there are definitely some folks who seem to know more than others about roles. And there is definitely more in these roles than what is being posted - for example, I can't make heads or tails of how gooner gets 1x tracker from his death post.

Well it was probably the listening device or fingerprint database. I just was lost on how tejas knew who was who in the chatzy, which only matters now for how we view redwing

Can anyone in the London chat confirm that a Mr Lee (Li) has been there?

when did you become such a dumb? Is this a new development?

For future reference, you're not wrong here, but when an outed indy who has been caught in obvious bullshit and has disappeared through a portal still can almost get you run instead of him based solely off of personality, don't act all incredulous based off of your posting style. Words hurt, bro.

jtp is weird at sports here

but he always reads fucking weird to me

I also haven't liked the amount of seemingly insider knowledge that Ph has touted, especially has on # of players on each mafia team which came completely out of nowhere. I think that was a dickstep.

vote for PhDeac

Back