• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

HAHAHAHA BOOM!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Guess what jhawk

I'm not going to civ vig you or night kill you. But I will have my revenge. It may not be anytime soon. But it's coming

I was Nate and Charlie, both were me very briefly checking in to see if there was anything worth while going on. I basically abandoned the chats Sunday night.

Yeah, the last overnight, we really wished you were there.

But I really liked the idea behind the 2 chatzys and how to manipulate them for benefit. I just didnt do that until it was too late.

Once GAT, DV7 and I figured out who each other was and that we're likely on the same team, Moscow chatzy became our civ chatzy.

So could mafia and indys get into the chatzys?

Guess what jhawk

I'm not going to civ vig you or night kill you. But I will have my revenge. It may not be anytime soon. But it's coming

Hey they were trying to kill you anyway. I deserve it though, also for the record I assumed I'd be recruited to a mafia so I was taking a yolo shot

So could mafia and indys get into the chatzys?

Yes, was able to be in both chatzys. People were pretty buttoned up with their info early on. Couldnt get a read what was true or not, Think day 2 into night 2, more info was being posted and people were posting more frequently so you could get a read on who was in both and that was the hint on who to recruit. If you could decipher the fake names or chatzy fucks up like it did with Bym

It was funny looking at the varying levels of excitement and fury when people read their roles. I think off the bat gooner and dv7 were pumped and SD3 was like fuck this shit

It was funny looking at the varying levels of excitement and fury when people read their roles. I think off the bat gooner and dv7 were pumped and SD3 was like fuck this shit

yes, sir!

my full compliments on a fun and creative game.

There were a lot of interesting ideas. But there needed to be vanilla civs, fewer civ jobs, and/or more recruitables to keep it from being a claim off. The game was basically, "Are you mafia?" "No. I'm the farmer." "Oh I'm a farmer too." "Cool. I'm a factory worker." The role reveals made it clear what claims were legit and how few people could be recruited.

I didn't make a night move because it was clear my only shot at winning was to replace one of the worker roles with my silent kill. And I wanted better odds to avoid investigating or hitting an anti-town.

Interesting to not use either of your investigation roles though. Just a real difference in how you played vs goalie. Goalie was able to fake cop with one of the investigations and could have bought more time or caused more chaos playing off you too. Wasn’t calling you out when I wrote about you, just noting for people rereading roles that affected how things swung (or didn’t).

Confused

I didn’t stay super on top of the London and Moscow cafes, was there any faking of who people were?

Back