• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

sorry for not voting guys but a call came in and i couldn't multitask

thats one indy down. i think jtp is the other.

GM either a cop or British cult leader

still have to find some russian mafia recruit(s?) and brit mafia recruit(s?)

clears:
rommy
manning
bym
dv7
RW

suspects:
GM
jtp
gat
d14

sd3

^ listed in no particular order

this game is nearly over, I think, with that recruitment.

Im as clear as anyone in this game. Move RW to clear.

And JTP is dead.

1) you arent
2) im glad i did whatever that shit is called after I was already cleared

tried to post fast and didnt pay attention to last nights deaths

but i think JTP's death was caused by the other indy given Ph'd obit

1) you arent
2) im glad i did whatever that shit is called after I was already cleared

tried to post fast and didnt pay attention to last nights deaths

dude, stop with this bullshit. im clear as can be. think for fucks sake.

^^^

read Gooner's role description and it will make more sense

vote for d14

What in here explains multiple recruitments? I asked why he said re-recruited. Are you suggesting the first sentence means that recruits can be recruited infinite times and win with whoever recruited them last?

Gooner, Yellow, French Intelligence Officer - Recruitable. If you are recruited, you win with the faction who recruits you. If you are never recruited, you win with civilians. As a French spy, your tradecraft is focused on surveillance. You’ve got a listening device and access to fingerprints database. In order to gain information about how these tools work, you may ask the moderator about one piece of equipment per night. After that, you may keep these tools to use yourself, or distribute them to players throughout the game at night. You may learn about and pass or use a tool on the same night, but only one at a time. You may visit either the London Cafe or the Moscow Cafe at any time, and you may use any name you wish, apart from pretending to be a moderator.

What in here explains multiple recruitments? I asked why he said re-recruited. Are you suggesting the first sentence means that recruits can be recruited infinite times and win with whoever recruited them last?

Gooner, Yellow, French Intelligence Officer - Recruitable. If you are recruited, you win with the faction who recruits you. If you are never recruited, you win with civilians. As a French spy, your tradecraft is focused on surveillance. You’ve got a listening device and access to fingerprints database. In order to gain information about how these tools work, you may ask the moderator about one piece of equipment per night. After that, you may keep these tools to use yourself, or distribute them to players throughout the game at night. You may learn about and pass or use a tool on the same night, but only one at a time. You may visit either the London Cafe or the Moscow Cafe at any time, and you may use any name you wish, apart from pretending to be a moderator.

i think it was a clever way of saying "i was a civ to begin with and was recruited by the civs"

i find it hard to believe that tejas basically outted redwing as a recruitable and neither mafia attempted to recruit him

The description provided to me said redwing can no longer be recruited by mafia.

dude, stop with this bullshit. im clear as can be. think for fucks sake.

NO. YOU ARE NOT.

rommy, manning, bym, redwing, and myself are ALL clearer than you are.

Get over yourself and stop acting like you are super clear because you want to be that way. It's not a good look.

i think it was a clever way of saying "i was a civ to begin with and was recruited by the civs"

i find it hard to believe that tejas basically outted redwing as a recruitable and neither mafia attempted to recruit him

That’s my feeling, but I didn’t want to speak for RW.

Duff died early and might not have had a chance. Other mafia might’ve had better options? I don’t know. I had to picks for recruiting and went for the one I thought was in multiple chats and was a foreign spy.

IMHO, Gater is a provisional clear.

T1 - Me, DV7, RW
T2 - Rommy, manning
T3 - GAT

T1 is definitely known from direct evidence.

T2 is assumptions based on what I know about myself applying to others.

T3 is assumptions based on other things I’ve seen.

Dead
1. Gouda - killed n2, British farmer
4. Gooner - killed n2, recruitable French spy
6. Da - killed n1, Soviet politician
8. Tejas - killed d2, recruitable Italian spy
9. jman - killed n3, soviet news agent
11. GTB - killed d1, British news agent
14. Mako - killed n4, British factory worker
15. jtp - killed n4, role redacted
16. Ryala - AA'd d4, soviet factory worker
17. Duff - killed d3, head soviet spook
20. PhDeac - killed d4, indy

Alive:

2. Bym – claimed soviet civ recruiter
3. Redwing – claimed recruitable, recruited by BYM
5. SD3
7. D14
10. Manning – claimed recruitable, recruited by Rommy
12. Goaliemom – possible indy hunter
13. dv7 – claimed recruitable, recruited by BYM
18. GAT – soviet farmer, can be confirmed by anyone in Moscow chat
19. Rommy – claimed Brit civ recruiter

Since JTP is unknown, if all claims are true, we have three people of which at least 2 are anti-town: SD3, D14, JTP.

Either this game is over, or the civ recruiter roles are bullshit.

For the civ recruiters not to be full of shit, there are two options:

1) SD3, D14, JTP are all bad and separate factions
2) We would not be notified if a mafia was eliminated

Because if we are notified of mafia being eliminated (which is very much the meta in this community), the only way that we would not know if the moscow spy ring was eliminated was if either SD3 or D14 were recruited.

NO. YOU ARE NOT.

rommy, manning, bym, redwing, and myself are ALL clearer than you are.

Get over yourself and stop acting like you are super clear because you want to be that way. It's not a good look.

You need to get over yourself. There is nothing at all suggesting you are clear other than your word.

I am cleared by both my word and indirect evidence.

Duff died early and might not have had a chance. Other mafia might’ve had better options? I don’t know. I had to picks for recruiting and went for the one I thought was in multiple chats and was a foreign spy.

Is that "two" picks? I assume you are saying you were a 2-shot recruiter?

Because if we are notified of mafia being eliminated (which is very much the meta in this community), the only way that we would not know if the moscow spy ring was eliminated was if either SD3 or D14 were recruited.

I was sitting on this info because I didn't want to reduce the pool, but it's so small now.

As of N3, SD3 was not recruitable.

N1 Mako
N2 DV7
N3 SD3
N4 RW

sounds familiar to me
think it would sound familiar to manning too

that is what redwing meant by "rerecruited" and I picked up on it immediately.

probably wouldn't sound familiar to non-recruitable players (of which you are one, correct?)

so that leaves civ specials... of which I *think* we have two left.
- British politician (Soviet poli DED)
- Soviet farmer (Brit farmer DED)
(both news agents DED, both factory workers DED)
Then we have JTP, which was janitor-ed, and he could have been either of the remaining civ "specials"

maybe Maybe MAYBE a cop if GM isn't full of shit. (still not buying her claim yet -- waiting for the new investigation)

We have 5 clears, 3 of which were recruitable (manning, redwing, myself) and two civ recruits; rommy (Brit) and bym (Russian)

tl;dr -- your confusion about redwings recruitment reveal and questioning it makes me think you are the British retired spy (Indy)

Is that "two" picks? I assume you are saying you were a 2-shot recruiter?

Yes, it should be two. And I meant I had two options for last night and I went with RW.

See the previous post on my recruiting.

Sorry, I had a meeting and was not expecting to be alive.

sd3

is not town-aligned.

Harry Hart, at your service.

Back