• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball coaching rumor (Gamecocks)

Brownell can't be happy about this. Now he has decent competition to land SC recruits from the 56% of SC HS kids who actually graduate.

Brownell can't be happy about this. Now he has decent competition to land SC recruits from the 56% of SC HS kids who actually graduate.

That and the fact that Martin loves JUCO players. To me Brownell is nothing more than Larry Shyatt part 2. USC beat Clemson this year even with Darrin Horn at the helm.

That and the fact that Martin loves JUCO players. To me Brownell is nothing more than Larry Shyatt part 2. USC beat Clemson this year even with Darrin Horn at the helm.

Do you have to have graduated from HS in order to go JUCU? Can you JUCO with a GED?

Brownell may turn out to be Shyatt, who knows. Yet we've salivated over Brownell this year because we have Bzdick.

I have no clue what he has done with facilities and such, but both Spurrier and Ray Tanner (baseball) were in place before Hyman was hired. Hyman also hired Horn, although Martin would certainly be a great hire.

The state of South Carolina only produces about 2-3 ACC caliber ACC players a year and 4-5 SEC caliber players a year.

I doubt Brownell gives a fuck about competition for recruits in SC. He should be more focusing on getting Georgia and North Carolina kids to come to Clemson.

He brought in Dawn Staley too who has brought success to their women's b'ball program for the first time in quite a while.

So many of their programs are winning in a major way. Imagine men's b'ball is next given this hire

I have no clue what he has done with facilities and such, but both Spurrier and Ray Tanner (baseball) were in place before Hyman was hired. Hyman also hired Horn, although Martin would certainly be a great hire.

Well he got Carolina Stadium build for Tanner which is an absolute palace and they have added a huge new scoreboard/ video screen at Williams/Brice for football as well as new weightrooms.They are also working on an indoor practice facility.

The Martin hire should turn out to be a good hire and not a second straight fumble for basketball. If Hyman plans to hang around further (and by all indications he will as he just received an extension), the biggest hire of his career will be the one that replaces Spurrier when the time comes.

The state of South Carolina only produces about 2-3 ACC caliber ACC players a year and 4-5 SEC caliber players a year.

I doubt Brownell gives a fuck about competition for recruits in SC. He should be more focusing on getting Georgia and North Carolina kids to come to Clemson.

My intent was more in lines of poking fun at SC having the worst graduation rate in the country than it was serious hoops commentary.

I think Brownell is a good coach. He did pretty well this year, considering the roster he had. He could coach circles around Purnell, and the team always plays tough defense.

Having said that, I don't think anyone in Clemson is particularly pleased about being owned lately in every sport by Scar. Looks like a good hire.....Scar spent the bucks on a basketball coach, something that Clemson won't do....

I really need to bring back the ScoopReff parody !

No Karma, what you really need to do is learn to pay your caddy's and quit scoring a 10 on the first hole of a major amateur tournament! What that really is is Cheap Karma. In the mean time, Martin has been named the Gamecock coach.

Well, he has caught some good breaks.

Averill & Dailey were already in place here. So were ACC title winners Dave Odom & George Greer. In the mean time USC has Top 10 teams in place in football, baseball & a Top 16 in women's basketball. And I would imagine Martin will turn around a terrible basketball school

Back