• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football 11/2

JDawg

Reaction score
Passing along my write-up. Start a new thread for Miami-FSU.

-----

12:00 pm

- Virginia Tech-Boston College, ABC/ESPN2 (Bob Wischusen, Rod Gilmore, Quint Kessenich): The Hokies started to look like a serious team….and then lost at home to Duke. Will they be able to overcome the rowdy Alumni Stadium crowd?

- Wisconsin-Iowa, ABC/ESPN2 (Sean McDonough, Chris Speilman, Shannon Spake): If Iowa can pull off the victory, they’ll be able to sneak themselves into a pretty decent bowl and get blown out by an SEC/PAC-12 squad.

- Illinois-Penn State, ESPN (Beth Mowins, Joey Galloway, Paul Carcaterra): This was the Pam Ward game. At least according to the game notes on Illinois’ athletic site. I didn’t even notice it at first until someone else pointed it out and I got really excited, but when I double-checked they changed it to Beth Mowins.

Whoever made that mistake and confused Beth Mowins with Pam Ward should be fired.

- Ohio State-Purdue, BTN (Kevin Kugler, Glen Mason, J Leman): Always the finest in the noon BTN slot.

- Army-Air Force, ESPNU (Clay Matvick, Kelly Stouffer, Niki Noto): Ghoul and I will be tuning in to this one to see the ESPNU favorite on the sideline. Unfortunately for Air Force fans, she might be all that’s worth watching in Falcon Stadium.

- Temple-Rutgers, American Network (Eamon McEnaney, Anthony Becht, Brooke Weisbrod): The Owls face the heralded #3 team in a game that can be seen on various regional sports networks, including MASN.

- #12 Bethune-Cookman-North Carolina Central, ESPNEWS (John Sadak, Jay Walker): ESPNEWS airing games this year got one-upped in the weird department when last week’s Texas Tech-Oklahoma game started late due to a weather delay and the broadcast moved to FOX News once the World Series started.

- Northern Illinois-Massachusetts, MAC Network & ESPN3 (Michael Reghi, Doug Graber): The 8-0 Salukis* versus the 1-7 Minutemen? Sorry, Paul Revere….See. You. Later.

*Have you been hiding under a rock?

- Southern Miss-Marshall, CBS Sports Network (Ben Holden, Tom Bradley, Rashan Ali): The Golden Eagles are currently sitting at 19 straight losses since Larry Fedora left after the 2011 Sheraton Hawai’i Bowl. Unfortunately for them, loss #20 looks probable.

12:21 pm (or thereabouts)

- Mississippi State-South Carolina, SEC Network/ESPN3 (Dave Neal, Andre Ware, Cara Capuano): Watch this game on TV? Why would I want to do that?

12:30 pm

- North Carolina-North Carolina State, ACC Network (Steve Martin, Dave Archer, Rachel Baribeau): North Carolina has two wins going into November and some pundits think they may still become bowl eligible. The easy backend of their schedule continues with the long trip to Raleigh, where the Wolfpack are still licking their wounds caused by the Seminoles. They may also be overlooking this game because of their against next week against the state’s best college football team - Duke.

- Wake Forest-Syracuse, ACC Network (Wes Durham, Brian Stann, Jenn Hildreth): This titillating ACC matchup will be seen on Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic and other regional sports networks.

1:00 pm

- Middle Tennessee State-UAB, FSN (Mike Morgan, Brian Baldinger, Brian Baldinger’s finger, J.C. Pearson): Under Rick Stockstill, the Blue Raiders are 34-3 when scoring 30 points or more. UAB is 120th in points against with 40.4 points given up per game.

2:00 pm

- #19 Samford-The Citadel, ESPN3 (Darren Goldwater, Paul Maguire): Can The Citadel pull the upset on homecoming? Follow @SandlapperSpike for the most accurate updates.

- #18 Charleston Southern-Presbyterian, ESPN3 (Evan Lepler, Nate Ross): It’s week 10 and both of these teams are 1-0 in the Big South, meaning it’s the Big South game of the week. Thanks to Spike, I now know that the Renaissance Man has been a basketball coach, insurance agent, sports bar manager, caddy at Kiawah, TV analyst for basketball, football, and baseball, a coaches’ show host….and a Terp.

3:30 pm

- Florida-Georgia, CBS (Uncle Verne and Crazy Gary, with Tracy Wolfson): The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville leads off a…deeper time slot.

- Michigan-Michigan State, ABC (Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe): Michigan State’s stout defense takes on Michigan’s 42.4 points per game, but each team has had a fairly easy schedule except for common opponent Notre Dame. Something’s gotta give in this rivalry.

- Navy-Notre Dame, NBC (Dan Hicks, Mike Mayock, Alex Flanagan): Speak of the devil….

- Clemson-Virginia, ESPN (Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham, Jeannine Edwards): I don’t expect the Tahj Boyd train to get slowed down any bit in Charlottesville.

- West Virginia-TCU, ESPNU (Anish Shroff, Dan “Intramurals” Hawkins): If the Horned Frogs are leading at halftime, I expect a disheveled Holgorsen stumbling out of the locker room with brown stains on his shirt and a possible firing in the parking lot of the Morganstown airport.

- Northwestern-Nebraska, BTN (Eric Collins, Chuck Long, Jon Jansen): Both teams aren’t living up to their expectations, but Northwestern has had their soul sucked out of them since hosting College Gameday. Starting off 0-5 in the Big Ten with Michigan and Michigan State on the horizon would not be good for the Wildcats.

- Iowa State-Kansas State, FS1 (Justin Kutcher, James Bates, Brady Poppinga): A mediocre Big 12 team hosting a terrible one.

- Minnesota-Indiana, BTN (Paul Burmeister, Derek Rackley, Eric Crouch): I’m not sure I can make fun of Minnesota’s heart after last week, and Indiana’s final scores have started to be at least semi-respectable. But this is certainly not the Big Ten’s best offering of the week.

- Arizona-California, Pac-12 Network (Ted Robinson, Glenn Parker, Drea Avent): There’s like four posters that even get this game. I don’t know why I even put it down.

- Kansas-Texas, Longhorn Network (Dave Lamont, Ray Bentley, Kaylee Hartung) and Jayhawk Sports Network (Gary Bender, Rich Baldinger….Rich Baldinger’s finger?): Two broadcasts, two broadcasting crews, two states that can watch, two states that care.

- Kent State-Akron, TW Sports Channel (Mike Cairns, Frank Stams): Last I checked, this game takes place in Ohio and not the land of the pines. No difference, the winner will still be awarded a wagon wheel.

4:00 pm

- Hawaii-Utah State, CBS Sports Network (Dave Ryan, Adam Archuleta, Evan Washburn): Because once a week you should be reminded of that time there was a white safety in the NFL and not on the 2013 Chicago Bears.

5:00 pm

- Tulane-FAU, CBS Sports Live: Just in case you wanted to see what the atmosphere is like watching a team that has three days to prepare for a game after losing their head coach and defensive coordinator. Spoiler alert: it probably won’t be pretty. Tulane was probably going to win regardless.

6:00 pm

- Auburn-Arkansas, ESPN2 (Joe Tessitore, the sadly unstoppable Matt Millen, Maria Taylor): A fiery Auburn team against a fiery Bret Bielema. In case you weren't aware, Bielema accused Malzahn and Auburn of omitting some game film. Between that and Malzahn's history in the state, I’m looking forward to the postgame handshake more than anything.

7:00 pm

- Oklahoma State-Texas Tech, FOX (Gus!, Charles Davis, Kristina Pink): Gus! Kliff! One-loss teams!

- Tennessee-Missouri, ESPN (Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Tom Luginbill): Last week, Keegs’ tears flooded the Hudson. If the Tigers can’t rebound this week, New Jersey better watch out.

- Pittsburgh-Georgia Tech, ESPNU (Tom Hart, John Congemi, Dawn Davenport): The 1984 Fiesta Bowl MVP will be analyzing his former team in their first match-up against the Yellow Jackets since Tony Dorsett.

7:30 pm

- Colorado-UCLA, FS1 (Craig Bolerjack, Joey Harrington, Ryan Nece): In case the Rams want to call up any other former NFL quarterbacks, you’ll find Harrington in the Rose Bowl. Meanwhile, the Bruins look to pick up where they left off before the brutal back-to-back of Stanford and Oregon.

8:00 pm

- Miami (FL)-Florida State, ABC (Brent and Herbie, with Heather Cox): With Florida State being a 21-point favorite in a November match-up against undefeated top 10 teams, it will take about 45 second to find out how Brent bet on this one.

- Boise State-Colorado State, CBS Sports (Andrew Catalon, Aaron Taylor, Mile High Sports Betty): Everybody thought Boise State was in a world of hurt this year. They’re still in line to play in the inaugural Mountain West Conference Championship Game.

- New Mexico-San Diego State, Root Sports (Mark Neely, Sed Bonner, Jenny Cavnar): Pray that Miami is covering and you won’t have to resort to this game.
9:00 pm

- UTEP-Texas A&M, ESPN2 (Mark Jones, Brock Huard, Kaylee Hartung): This crew is running double duty in Texas this week and rewarded with the torture of watching this blowout.

10:30 pm

- Nevada-Fresno State, ESPNU (Joe Davis, David Diaz-Infante): The late night game will be a blackout in Bulldog Stadium as mini-Carr tries to lead Fresno State to an 8-0 record. I can think of worse things to watch at midnight on a Saturday.

-----

Happy Watching!

Doesn't matter. Got Paid.

Go Northern Illinois Salukis. Airball.

Doesn't matter. Got Paid.

Go Northern Illinois Salukis. Airball.

Excuse me for being nice.

And that reference doesn't really work here, but I'm way too lazy to do anything but copy/paste and this point.

Ehh, whatever. Northern Illinois' mascot is not a Saluki though.

The Suque! Such a funny place.

The suque is nickname of the off-topic board, just like The Pit is the nickname of the off-topic board here. This was obviously originally posted on the sports board.

And it's an inside joke. I don't know why you guys are focused on that.

navy up 14-10 early on NBC. michigan-MSU will be a snoozer till the 4th. Northwestern up 14-7 on Nebraska early. Clemson biding its time before it penetrates UVA's wahoo.

Sammy Watkins with a 96 yard TD reception. Second longest in Clemson history.

Between the Wake game and the Michigan game, I have watched 2 of the worst offensive performances I have ever seen in football. What an awful day. Our message boards are also eerily similar right now; both calling for coaches' heads, especially offensive coordinators.

-48 yards rushing for Michigan. -46 by Devin Gardner.

Last edited:
Anyone watching the Cocktail Party? Has turned into a game...

Between the Wake game and the Michigan game, I have watched 2 of the worst offensive performances I have ever seen in football. What an awful day. Our message boards are also eerily similar right now; both calling for coaches' heads, especially offensive coordinators.

-48 yards rushing for Michigan. -46 by Devin Gardner.

yea but fuck michigan.

The dumbass deputy had ZERO business coming onto the field.

Back