• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College football pool software or website

Skydog Deac

Reaction score
I have a college football pool every fall. It's simple. We have 20 games each week, players pick the winners, straight up, and the tiebreaker is one of the games and total points scored. The last few years I created the pool using a webpage and radio buttons. Players make their 20 picks and their tiebreaker points and the results are emailed to me. Here's where the time consuming part comes in. I have to copy and paste their picks to an excel spreadsheet for all of the players, 60 to date, then manually figure out who had the most correct picks. It's a labor of love, but it's tedious and time consuming.

I've been looking online for a better way to do this, but so many sites I see are just for NFL or college bowl games. I want a lot of flexibility to have the games I want, I just want to be able to more easily gather the games, and assess the results so there is less user error and time. Anyone have advice on something that fits what I want to do? Either a site, software, or a better way to get the email data into excel or some other instrument?

Create a form in Google Sheets

Add each game as a multiple choice question and a text box to put their names. They get the form in an email and all the responses go to that new sheet.

I have turned on many of friends to :

www.officefootballpool.com
They also run basketball, golf, you name it, but it is the easiest site I have ever seen. I have never had one complaint from players in my pool. Variety of formats to choose from but I strongly suggest the “ Shares” pool which basically works like a bookie. Players like it cause if they get busy and miss a week it does not kill their year round standings. They have a format like the pool you described.

03-hvt-biff-luckiest-man-on-earth.w529.h352.2x.jpg

Thanks for the ideas. Really like the officefootballpool.com, but I don't think my pool guys will be interested in paying $3 for my convenience. Guess I could ask. I was hoping for a one time software purchase. I can try the sheets approach as well, I have a month to figure it out!

Skydog is that $3 for the season? The one I run cost $5 a season ( Shares) and if your friends are too cheap to pay that they should not be gambling, and you should dump them as friends as they are basically saying your hours of work each season are not worth three bucks. Bag them and you can join my pool any time you want. :thumbsup:

Skydog is that $3 for the season? The one I run cost $5 a season ( Shares) and if your friends are too cheap to pay that they should not be gambling, and you should dump them as friends as they are basically saying your hours of work each season are not worth three bucks. Bag them and you can join my pool any time you want. :thumbsup:

+1000

Point very well taken! And I will pm you about your pool....

Skydog, sorry just back on the boards today and saw your PM, replied and provided my email. Feel free to ask other questions.

So Skydog, what did you go with? My pool is in full gear, recruited 54 players so we have a nice chunk of change hanging out there.

Opening day, what are everyone’s top picks?

Mine are So Carolina ( currently -2.5)
Duke -7
UCF -13

Back