• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Team Performance v. Recruiting Rankings

Bras_is_Old

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it and I think this is an interesting chart.

Wake has been 18th best among major conference teams in performance (according to Massey Ratings) vis a vis Rivals recruiting rankings from 2002-14 (the first chart is for 2014 only and it isn't pretty). Will be interesting to see if we can continue this trend with the impressive recruiting class (hopefully several).

In terms of ACC teams, Georgia Tech has been quite impressive.

The chart in all its massive glory:

pettigrew-datalab-signing-day-2.png

I wonder what the 2010-2014 view looks like. I bet we're towards the bottom on that one. To me speaks to the staff's ability to find underrated talent during that 2005 to 2009 stretch more so than it does to the staff's ability to coach up talent.

Gary Pinkel is so underrated

How can Alabama perform better than expected when their recruiting classes are ranked #1 every year?

Back