• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Sports Mafia Game - Mafia 2 Wins?

Yeah I tend to agree with this. I think there needs to be a bigger focus on community enforcement of very low volume posters. Through three days two different mafia members had single digit total posts.

and toogs had 6 posts through 2 days when he was killed as a civ

A combination of a heavy mafia lean in numbers, no cross hits until late and civs with powers getting hit or dying without a fight before any of them could be used.

In this game, the only civ power that was even used successfully was the vig. That should never happen. From my experience, civ vig is a negative more often than a positive.

see now to me this all reads as good stuff that happened

Also, how was ryala the only one that realized that there could not be 16 civs in a game about the ACC? And yes, I purposely left out Wake, Maryland, and Kansas from the roles.

So not having Wake would’ve made the claiming hard. Who was the other civ? I’m assuming there was another civ.

Cool gif.

But I addressed those two points and proved at least the one where the mafia that won was inactive as completely inaccurate.

If I "bullied" anybody it was nonny because I decided to lock into him day 1 for his weird voting pattern and wouldn't let go of that bone. I honestly did think he was mafia 1 until his BG claim.
Numbers - you want to take this?

Also, how was ryala the only one that realized that there could not be 16 civs in a game about the ACC? And yes, I purposely left out Wake, Maryland, and Kansas from the roles.

lol i wasn't about to post about it

Cool gif.

But I addressed those two points and proved at least the one where the mafia that won was inactive as completely inaccurate.

If I "bullied" anybody it was nonny because I decided to lock into him day 1 for his weird voting pattern and wouldn't let go of that bone. I honestly did think he was mafia 1 until his BG claim.

Well for starters, the point was that mafia was relatively inactive until they basically were the majority of players left in the game. There were a few exceptions, Townie being the notable one (ryala even literally called that out like D4 that he was probably maf but the only one actually playing the game). Other mafia players had extremely limited posts. It was a combination of a bunch of quieter players being on the mafia teams and a bunch of notable talkative players being all civs so that when the angel went down, they could be picked off one by one. But that still doesn't change the fact that day rounds were averaging like 10-12 pages per round for the first 4 days when there were 20+ players in the game, and a lot of that was mafia players not posting.

Mafia 1 - Ohio State (SD3), Michigan(Eagles), Iowa(Deacsfan27), Indiana(GM).
Mafia 2 - Kansas St (Townie), Texas (DV7), Oklahoma (Mako), WVU (Manning)

BYM was GT, Ryala was Miami

we could not come to an agreement on roles in maf 2 (not least because dv7 INSISTED on being texas) so we went with the mod RNG

Well, we would’ve lost, because I was going to vote for Ryala. I won’t say much more because I’m trying to be a little sensitive but I thought he was lying and M2 and I was going to be spiteful.

Lastly,

TlLqI4yh.jpg

we could not come to an agreement on roles in maf 2 (not least because dv7 INSISTED on being texas) so we went with the mod RNG

if confused me that you cared if i was Texas or not.

we were going to use that vig n1 anyway, so just give me the role and let me risk being seen. why did it even matter to you?

Is it just me, or last 3 games wasn’t everyone bitching about how it was almost impossible to be mafia because people had gotten so good civs had the inherent advantage?

if confused me that you cared if i was Texas or not.

we were going to use that vig n1 anyway, so just give me the role and let me risk being seen. why did it even matter to you?

because some people are more likely to live longer in the game than others, guy who died first on our team

We decided right at the hour before deadline because I was getting heat.

We figured eaglez would be killed so we let him take the N2 vig, which paid off with killing toogs/eaglez dying the same night due to the BYM vig.

From there I took goon because I was more likely to die than SD3.

because some people are more likely to live longer in the game than others, guy who died first on our team

thank you for proving my point.

Let me use the kill n1, risk being tracked/watched, but we still get the kill and if I die, then I was likely to go out first anyway, so not a huge loss.

Back