• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Collins to test NBA, update: he has signed an agent, per Jeff Goodman

Who would leave $8 or whatever million on the table? Invest a small percentage smartly and you can have a financial cushion for the rest of your life.

That said, I fear JC is going to have a rough road doing anything meaningful in the NBA. He's a classic tweener by anyone's definition.

Depends on the team. He can fit in as a scoring big in the right situation.

I think Collins will slot in as a good 7-8th man. Bring him in with the 2nd unit, let him play as hard as he can and not completely sweat fouls, and let him get post touches to carry the 2nd unit offense. Also let him work in hybrid lineups with shooters as a small-ball 5 who basically is a rim runner after the pick and roll.

I doubt he is ever an all-star or even a starter on a good team, but I think he can play 10 years and make $80M+. Which is pretty damn nice.

I think Collins will slot in as a good 7-8th man. Bring him in with the 2nd unit, let him play as hard as he can and not completely sweat fouls, and let him get post touches to carry the 2nd unit offense. Also let him work in hybrid lineups with shooters as a small-ball 5 who basically is a rim runner after the pick and roll.

I doubt he is ever an all-star or even a starter on a good team, but I think he can play 10 years and make $80M+. Which is pretty damn nice.

In that scenario, he learns how to play D without fouling much faster than in whistle-happy NCAA basketball.

He knows how to play D. He couldn't play it aggressively and not get fouls in the ACC.

He knows how to play D. He couldn't play it aggressively and not get fouls in the ACC.

The definition of a foul is the same no matter which conference you are playing in. ACC referees are not calling fouls on things that are not fouls. Maybe some other conference officials are not calling some fouls that they should be calling....but nobody in the ACC is getting fouls called on them that are not fouls.

How fouls are called varies greatly from conference to conference. How they are called varies from ref to ref in the same conference.

Agree with rj. He was not allowed to play d in the terrible acc.

I hope he goes mid-late first round to a good organization.

Good luck JC. You helped pull me back in.

I think he could be a better version of Amir Johnson (6'9) Undersized PF/Big SF that couldn't shoot that well. Amir had a 12 year career, made over 60 millions, averaging over 20 minutes a game and was a starter for a few of those years for Toronto.

JC is a great free throw shooter so the touch is there is develop his mid-range game and be very effective there. The way he can run the court and play defense, he could be an asset to any team, but could get significant minutes with the right team.

How fouls are called varies greatly from conference to conference. How they are called varies from ref to ref in the same conference.

I don't disagree with that statement. All I am saying is that players in the ACC are not being called for fouls that are not fouls. The fact that some referees elsewhere are not calling those fouls does not mean that they are not fouls.

What some people are asking for, evidently, is for referees not to call things that are clear rules violations.

Last edited:
Everyone is on the same page that there are generally fewer touch fouls called in the NBA vs. the NCAA. The only difference is that BFK sees this as a reason that the NBA is not real basketball. Regardless, it suggests Collins could be a better defensive presence in the NBA even without a drastic improvement in his defensive skillset, if one of his main limitations in college was laying back a bit on defense to avoid the quick fouls.

Everyone is on the same page that there are generally fewer touch fouls called in the NBA vs. the NCAA. The only difference is that BFK sees this as a reason that the NBA is not real basketball. Regardless, it suggests Collins could be a better defensive presence in the NBA even without a drastic improvement in his defensive skillset, if one of his main limitations in college was laying back a bit on defense to avoid the quick fouls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjM4z-M7gcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jyKOp9fwb0

Last edited:
Could you do a similar video for baseball's strike zone or football's holding?

Could you do a similar video for baseball's strike zone or football's holding?

Nothing that would be remotely comparable to that. Missing a 10-step travel would be like calling a strike on a pitch that was 4 feet outside the plate.

Football rules violations suck almost as much as basketball, though. Baseball should never be compared to either basketball or football as far as the game being played according to a uniform set of rules. Baseball stands pretty much alone among those three sports as far as being a game that is played according to the rules.

Wonder how those other two sports got so fucked up over the years?

Last edited:
Nothing that would be remotely comparable to that. Missing a 10-step travel would be like calling a strike on a pitch that was 4 feet outside the plate.

Football rules violations suck almost as much as basketball, though. Baseball should never be compared to either basketball or football as far as the game being played according to a uniform set of rules. Baseball stands pretty much alone among those three sports as far as being a game that is played according to the rules.

Wonder how those other two sports got so fucked up over the years?

How?

My family just dealt with all the stages of dementia. It is a terrible disease.

That's what I am asking....because, obviously, they were once sports where rules applied to the game and were respected by the players and called by the referees.

What's your theory?

Back