• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Columbus' Santa Maria Found?

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...lumbuss-flagship-the-santa-maria-9359330.html

More than five centuries after Christopher Columbus’s flagship, the Santa Maria, was wrecked in the Caribbean, archaeological investigators think they may have discovered the vessel’s long-lost remains – lying at the bottom of the sea off the north coast of Haiti. It’s likely to be one of the world’s most important underwater archaeological discoveries.

It sucks that looters have had their way with artifacts. They undoubtedly had no idea of what they were holding, and probably sold it for next to nothing.
5d058bfff1b0b3a378c8288ae74449e15793c742e9f2923dba1f5397a57961c0.jpg

A Revolutionary Mansion near my house was robbed a few years back, and stolen was a hand crafted set of pure silverware made by Paul Revere. It was valued at well over 1 million dollars, but most likely it was sold for scrap silver and melted down. Such a shame.

pretty sure the value of the silverware was 736k.

I thought that was one of those "either way works" things.

i prefer oxford, which is still strict, but i see purdue and mla seem to think you can just put apostrophes wherever you want now willy nilly THANKS OBAMA

i prefer oxford, which is still strict, but i see purdue and mla seem to think you can just put apostrophes wherever you want now willy nilly THANKS OBAMA

I'm pretty sure we were told that was the next step in the gay agenda.

Regarding the actual news at hand, that's pretty cool. It's kind of amazing how many secrets are still held by the sea (and will be forever) because it's so dang big.

Back