• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Column: Obama Playing Too Much Golf?

Brangus

Reaction score
Not sure where I come down on this. The golf looks bad, but it's not like sitting at his desk was going to stop the mess that is Iraq. I currently have a job where I have to be at my desk even if my workload is low (it always surges back) and it's so dumb. I could be out living life. And sitting at my desk doesn't give me power to alter events that are simply beyond my ability to control. But that is a lot of golf!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bd1-11e3-8176-f2c941cf35f1_story.html?hpid=z3

sounds eerily familiar to the same stupid shit people were saying about bush

What he does with personal time is his business, and everyone deserves some down time. The issue is that if he wants to appear like he can relate to the "average" American, then it's not helping. If he was playing indoor bball or bowling in the White House, people might not complain so much because it's not out in the open.

What he does with personal time is his business, and everyone deserves some down time. The issue is that if he wants to appear like he can relate to the "average" American, then it's not helping. If he was playing indoor bball or bowling in the White House, people might not complain so much because it's not out in the open.

haha remember when he had the basket installed at the white house and OWGs were so mad?

Sounds like the author is mad Obama uses golf to regularly get away from the press pool. He plays 2 or 3 times a month. So what? If anybody can get a quick round in, it's the President. They're probably counting a quick 9 holes in the 177 as well.

Is golf really so important that Obama is willing to handicap his political standing? Evidently so. On Tuesday evening, Obama hosted Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Davis Love III, Ernie Els and other pro golfers in the East Room of the White House at a reception for the 2013 Presidents Cup players. “Last year was the second time I’ve been honorary chairman of the Presidents Cup. The United States won both times. I’m just saying,” Obama joked.

I hope that doesn’t cut into his time hosting the champions of the MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, winners of the NCAA tournament, etc.

I hope that doesn’t cut into his time hosting the champions of the MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, winners of the NCAA tournament, etc.

Yeah. That makes two threads today about criticisms of Obama for doing his job.

Sounds like the author is mad Obama uses golf to regularly get away from the press pool. He plays 2 or 3 times a month. So what? If anybody can get a quick round in, it's the President. They're probably counting a quick 9 holes in the 177 as well.

Let me be clear...this is a stupid non issue.

That being said...he aint playing a quick 9. This isnt the CFO of a bank. If the President of the United States is going to go to a golf course he is going to play 18 holes. He doesn't look at his watch at 4:00 in June and say "things are slow at the office...I am going to go grab a quick 9 before I head home".

How is it a hard and fast truth that the President has to play 18 holes? Why can't he just play 9?

listen phdeac when you're the president of the united states you don't do anything halfway

you don't eat a six inch sub from subway when you're the fucking commander in chief you go 12" meatball or 6' party sub or nothing

you don't become the most powerful man in the world unless you're balls to the wall 24/7

I think he's not playing enough golf. Four more rounds a week would be fine.

"A majority of Americans now believes that Obama doesn’t understand their problems, and images of him playing golf — perceived, fairly or not, as a rich man’s game — confirms this out-of-touch reputation."

We are a nation of morans. I thought it was stupid when Democrats talked about W's excessive vacation days, and this is equally stupid. The President is always on the job. And any President is out of touch, they can't possibly be in touch these days.

And if Obama was spending too much time staying in touch, conservatives would accuse him of pandering.

Reactions: ONW
And if Obama was spending too much time staying in touch, conservatives would accuse him of pandering.

I just want him to get caught on video lifting weights that a man should hold. Those 5 lb. dumbbell squats were struggulicious.

listen phdeac when you're the president of the united states you don't do anything halfway

you don't eat a six inch sub from subway when you're the fucking commander in chief you go 12" meatball or 6' party sub or nothing

you don't become the most powerful man in the world unless you're balls to the wall 24/7

There's a joke in here somewhere about going full retard.

They just don't like a black many playing golf. They think he should be a caddie.

Back