• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I'll never understand the logic of someone who respectfully disagrees with me becoming the worst person ever but I guess that's where we are now in 2024
LOL. I don't think you understand the meme. They were already the worst person in the world. Then they made a good point.

LOL. I don't think you understand the meme. They were already the worst person in the world. Then they made a good point.
No I understood that. I just don't understand how someone is the worst person in the world simply because of ideological differences.

What’s “ideological” to you is someone else’s basic human rights. I’m not talking about arguments about the Laffer curve or actual ideological arguments. I’m talking about the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. People trying to control your body or deny you basic protections that other citizens have are “the worst” even if you agree on relatively minor things like which college sports teams should play each other.

Just consider someone else’s perspective.

What’s “ideological” to you is someone else’s basic human rights. I’m not talking about arguments about the Laffer curve or actual ideological arguments. I’m talking about the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. People trying to control your body or deny you basic protections that other citizens have are “the worst” even if you agree on relatively minor things like which college sports teams should play each other.

Just consider someone else’s perspective.
But on the other side they would consider a 24 week fetus as a living being that is being denied basic protections in certain states.... So using that logic you are now "the worst" for believing what you believe. This seems like a quick and dangerous road to Tribalism.

And maybe I'm just being overly sensitive and obviously it was hyperbole, but having had relatives killed by a communist dictator, it was always the practice of using ideological differences to label your opponent "the worst" or "evil" that scares me a little bit that we are headed to that same tribalistic mentality. They used the same excuse that if you didn't believe in communism and it's "basic human rights" it espoused then you were an undesirable to be robbed and destroyed.

You should hear some of the dehumanizing your side uses. That's why they're the worst. They're the wannabe dictators.

But on the other side they would consider a 24 week fetus as a living being that is being denied basic protections in certain states.... So using that logic you are now "the worst" for believing what you believe. This seems like a quick and dangerous road to Tribalism.

There's a board for this shit.

Back