• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Confessions of a life long Wake fan

AccFreak

Reaction score
I was heavily involved in the scout board and kinda lurk here. It feels so good to be in the tourney again after 7 years and Ish's shot. I love sports but Deacs basketball is my passion. It's been unhealthy investing in this team for so long especially the last 7 yrs. I did not attend Wake I chose this by going to games since I was a kid in the GSO Coliseum. I loved the ACC tourney when Chill hit the shot. I loved Frank Johnson, Rodney Rogers, Muggsy, etc. I left work and cried the day Skip Prosser died. I held my son praying we would beat Stanford Timmy's senior year. I was in the hospital while my wife slept the night my child was born watching Craig Dawson and the Deacs destroy Kansas. I lamented the match ups with Kentucky in the tourney all those years. Feels good to have something to play for. I'm so proud of this team regardless of outcome. But while we're at it let's go whip Kansas State's ass!!

Great post Freak. I am also a non-alumni Wake Forest fan. My dad, brother, and sister-in-law all attended WF. I was brought up to be a Deacon fan all of my life. In high school I attended Carl Tacy's basketball camps every summer. Rod Griffin was my hero but I really loved watching Skip Brown play. And Jerry Schellenberg (sp?) could fill it up from outside. So, as my dad brought me up to be a Wake Forest fan I am also doing the same with my 12 year old son. This year he and I went to the game at Xavier and that heartbreaking loss vs Clemson at home. Ok, that one actually pissed me off!

My son has a test Wednesday morning or he would be going to the game with me tomorrow night. I would rather Wake not have to play here in Dayton, but they are. And I will be there with my gold and black on, drankin some cold beers, and rootin' for the Deacs.

Let do this!! Go Deacs!!

Great post Freak. I am also a non-alumni Wake Forest fan. My dad, brother, and sister-in-law all attended WF. I was brought up to be a Deacon fan all of my life. In high school I attended Carl Tacy's basketball camps every summer. Rod Griffin was my hero but I really loved watching Skip Brown play. And Jerry Schellenberg (sp?) could fill it up from outside. So, as my dad brought me up to be a Wake Forest fan I am also doing the same with my 12 year old son. This year he and I went to the game at Xavier and that heartbreaking loss vs Clemson at home. Ok, that one actually pissed me off!

My son has a test Wednesday morning or he would be going to the game with me tomorrow night. I would rather Wake not have to play here in Dayton, but they are. And I will be there with my gold and black on, drankin some cold beers, and rootin' for the Deacs.

Let do this!! Go Deacs!!

My son is begging me to take him to Dayton for tomorrows game. I just can't do it right now. He's the same age as your son. I will slack a little and will be letting him watch the game tomorrow evening. Cheer Loud!! Oh and btw, we were at the Clemson game as well. That game pisses me off too!

Clemson was just better than us this year and without a late game push would have destroyed us in their house.

Thanks to Syracuse and Duke and FSU all those other teams that beat Clemson with the late game heroics or they would have been in and not us.

Now it's up to us to benefit from Clemson's misfortune and go out and win this thing.

Clemson was just better than us this year and without a late game push would have destroyed us in their house.

Thanks to Syracuse and Duke and FSU all those other teams that beat Clemson with the late game heroics or they would have been in and not us.

Now it's up to us to benefit from Clemson's misfortune and go out and win this thing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...le-north-carolina-state-acc-tourney/98863506/

Lost 11 games by single digits, won 7 games by single digits. 6-12 in the ACC...Clemson was not better than us this year.

god you suck.

He's right though. If Clemson had won more games they would have made the tournament.

LOL at Deaconbd...Relentless troll.

I do think he needs to be banned at least until Sunday. We don't need his neg troll vibes around here until after the games on Sunday. Mods?

I do think he needs to be banned at least until Sunday. We don't need his neg troll vibes around here until after the games on Sunday. Mods?

There needs to be marshal law in terms of vibes.

Agreed with Creamy. Although he doesn't really deserve a ban, we cannot afford to have his negative vibes floating around here during tournament time. This is the first time in 7 years we are in they NCAA's so drop the BAN hammer.

Meddling mods ban Myers Park hero Biff but won't take out the trash here on Main Street. Sad!

Who's starting the game thread?

Back