• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congrats AC - NSFA

Am I the only one that thinks AC is even more overboard with the God stuff than Tebow is? Only difference is that one of them is on TV 18 hours a day.

AC and Phons are miserable about this.

Phons likes to call for God to cover people with his blood a lot, and that creeps me out. Had to stop following them. Might get a Phons jersey tho.

Why do you follow their twitter feeds if you don't like what they tweet about? It's like if you two willingly went to church and then complained that they talk about God too much.

Why do you follow their twitter feeds if you don't like what they tweet about? It's like if you two willingly went to church and then complained that they talk about God too much.

Reminds me of people who go to U2 or Radiohead shows and complain about the band's politics. Guess what, the stuff they talk about on stage between songs is the same stuff that they're talking about in their songs.

Am I the only one that thinks AC is even more overboard with the God stuff than Tebow is? Only difference is that one of them is on TV 18 hours a day.

I thought the difference was one was white and the other was black, the latter's race used religion to get through the very recent discrimination and hardships faced, whereas the whiteys shouldn't have needed religion now for quite awhile.

I thought the difference was one was white and the other was black, the latter's race used religion to get through the very recent discrimination and hardships faced, whereas the whiteys shouldn't have needed religion now for quite awhile.

Whoa. I don't know what to think about that post.

I don't follow their twitter feeds. It was linked on this thread and I took a peek and make an immediate observation about the relative bible thumping of AC vs Tebow.

Can we add a NSFA tag on this board to make sure LK and Townie don't have to read things that are clearly religious in nature?

Whoa. I don't know what to think about that post.

Aren't there many many studies that all show that African Americans are more religious than whites, and that people generally turn to religion when they suffer hardships over prosperity? I thought this was just known as "fact" and not really up for debate.

Aren't there many many studies that all show that African Americans are more religious than whites, and that people generally turn to religion when they suffer hardships over prosperity? I thought this was just known as "fact" and not really up for debate.

Studies show that. What you said added a lot more dots and connected them.

So you were actually serious when you said whites haven't "needed" religion for a while because they don't suffer hardship/discrimination? BTW, what do you think is the purpose of "religion"--opiate for the people? Damn.

So you were actually serious when you said whites haven't "needed" religion for a while because they don't suffer hardship/discrimination? BTW, what do you think is the purpose of "religion"--opiate for the people? Damn.

It generally appears to serve the function of helping to alleviate the most basic of human's fears, the primary two being of the unknown (How'd we get here? Darn, this earth is big) and of death. A distant third would be assurances during hardship, although its intertwined with the second.

Back