• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congrats to our new WBB all-time leading scorer!

WinkinDeac

Reaction score
and 20 more rebounds gets Hamby the school rebounding record as well, if she can do it in the number of games left.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Dearica Hamby became Wake Forest's all-time leading scorer in Saturday's loss to Georgia Tech at the LJVM Coliseum. Hamby scored 32 points in the game to pass head coach Jen Hoover for the program record.

Georgia Tech held on for the 67-60 win in the regular season finale, outscoring Wake Forest 5-0 in the final 1:19 of the game. The Demon Deacons finish the regular season with an 11-19 overall record and a 2-14 mark in ACC play.

Hamby led the way with her 17th double-double of the season, scoring 32 points with 10 rebounds. The forward has amassed 1,729 points in her Wake Forest career, passing Hoover for the program record. Hoover scored 1,728 points from 1988-91.

11043077_10153245856249238_2393938217541084250_n.jpg

She is so talented. I wish she could've had a chance to showcase her talents in the NCAA tourney. On a better team, she would be getting All America mentions. She should definitely be in the running for ACC POY, but that will go to Jewell Lloyd from ND.

Went to our game at UVA earlier this year and had never seen her play before that. Dayum she was good - went for something like 29 points. The unfortunate thing is her supporting cast, and UVA's entire cast, were not nearly as impressive.

She is so talented. I wish she could've had a chance to showcase her talents in the NCAA tourney. On a better team, she would be getting All America mentions. She should definitely be in the running for ACC POY, but that will go to Jewell Lloyd from ND.

POY was stolen from her last year.

Know we beat a dead horse all the time on this one but I don't understand why women's basketball can't be better. We have arguably the best women's player to ever play in a Deacon uniform on the team and we can't finish better than 13th in the conference.

Didn't believe I'd ever find myself looking up WNBA mock drafts. Looks like she'll be a 1st round, top-10 pick.

Know we beat a dead horse all the time on this one but I don't understand why women's basketball can't be better. We have arguably the best women's player to ever play in a Deacon uniform on the team and we can't finish better than 13th in the conference.

Recruiting has been good on paper recently. We definitely aren't hamstrung by scholarship limits like baseball.

Recruiting has been good on paper recently. We definitely aren't hamstrung by scholarship limits like baseball.

Both true. I think the team really under-performed this year.

I think Hoover's going to get them there.

Back