• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congratulations Anthony Fields!

Way to represent Anthony! I was in a corporate meeting Wednesday with people from NY and NJ and one of the senior executives acknowledged to me that Wake does it right in our "challenge" in athletics, because we insist on getting real student athletes. It was a compliment of the highest order (said in front of my colleagues from Kentucky and elsewhere). His daughter is a HS golfer and really likes Wake.

Does Chen have a reputation for being easy or was that sarcastic?

That is quite a feat. Congrats!

As for Clemson, it isn't terribly hard to make good grades there. If you contribute to the team, you've got a good shot of making Academic All-Conference.

I received a sweet negrep about being a 'mis-led prick' or something of the sort. To clarify, I have several friends that are currently or formerly athletes at Clemson, and they have each expressed the relative ease of the athlete's curriculum. Of course, this is a generalization as not all athletes take the same degree, but their standard courses are not difficult. Further, I know an athlete that transferred from Clemson to NC State in the third year - two schools that I think are fairly comparable in their academic rigor - and according to this friend, the difference in difficulty was marked.

Clemson has, according to the reports of former admissions officers, reduced class sizes and structured faculty pay grades with the explicit purpose of increasing their USNW ranking. I am not sure if the anonymous negrepper was concerned primarily with the way my comment may have seemed like a dismissal of the entire University's academic program, but it was meant rather as a comment on the curriculum most often pursued by the athlete at Clemson.

There are easy courses at every school in the country. My point was that the easy courses at Clemson, according to people with first hand experience, are easier than those at comparable schools.

Chen is not easy. I'm not sure what Cat is trying to say, though

Chen's tests are tough, but he curves and grades very reasonably.

Regardless, this is an impressive accomplishment. Job well done.

Congrats Anthony! Very impressive. Now, if you can just get your injured wrist strong enough to contribute ...

You can't help but root for Anthony. He has worked so hard to overcome the tough neighborhood he's from and the difficult circumstances of his youth. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
I received a sweet negrep about being a 'mis-led prick' or something of the sort. To clarify, I have several friends that are currently or formerly athletes at Clemson, and they have each expressed the relative ease of the athlete's curriculum. Of course, this is a generalization as not all athletes take the same degree, but their standard courses are not difficult. Further, I know an athlete that transferred from Clemson to NC State in the third year - two schools that I think are fairly comparable in their academic rigor - and according to this friend, the difference in difficulty was marked.

Clemson has, according to the reports of former admissions officers, reduced class sizes and structured faculty pay grades with the explicit purpose of increasing their USNW ranking. I am not sure if the anonymous negrepper was concerned primarily with the way my comment may have seemed like a dismissal of the entire University's academic program, but it was meant rather as a comment on the curriculum most often pursued by the athlete at Clemson.

There are easy courses at every school in the country. My point was that the easy courses at Clemson, according to people with first hand experience, are easier than those at comparable schools.

FWIW, I got negrepped for my post above defending the Clemson student-athletes for making All ACC academic. First time I've ever been called a "Clemson homo."

I am impressed. I was (and am) expecting great things from him, but not this also. Great job, Anthony!

Back