• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consumers suing TWC over sports

I'm waiting for someone to sue the cable companies over their ridiculous internet speed/price combination. TWC charges $75/mo for a 50 mbps download speed and in Kansas City Google charges $70/mo for a gigabit connection. So you pay $5/mo more with TWC for ~5% of the speed that Google offers? And the same goes for the rest of the cable companies, they all participate in this bullshit.

If Google had the power to really expand their Fiber service, they would CRUSH the cable companies, but the way the laws have been set up makes it really difficult for even someone like Google to enter these markets.

If Google had the power to really expand their Fiber service, they would CRUSH the cable companies, but the way the laws have been set up makes it really difficult for even someone like Google to enter these markets.

Just moved to KC and it is a nightmare trying to find an apartment with Google Fiber. Google is making all the landlords pay a bunch of $$$ up front, but TWC is doing some profit sharing thing so none of the landlords are budging. Very frustrating!

I'm just waiting for the day (never coming) when AppleTV or some such device gets the NFL Sunday Ticket and College Hoops packages. Then I'll ditch regular cable.

I'm just waiting for the day (never coming) when AppleTV or some such device gets the NFL Sunday Ticket and College Hoops packages. Then I'll ditch regular cable.

I don't see why it would never come when MLB.TV and NBA League Pass Broadband have paved the way. The next step is getting rid of the stupid blackout rules.

Well DirecTV has the exclusive contract to Sunday Ticket through next year at least. That needs to end first. ESPN Full Court... who knows.

Didn't realize the DirecTV deal was up so soon. There will be a lot of suitors for that.

I'd love it if NFL.com offered a cheaper hometown package for the rights to one team's game each week. Of course if they aren't wed to a single cable or satellite company, they could offer a very affordable Internet package. Everybody is going to bid on that. Streaming the NFL= $$$$.

Good call. It's selling for $150 now.

I've gotten sunday NFL ticket through my PS3 for the last two years and I have absolutely no relationship with Direct TV. The first year it was a bit rough while they worked out the technical issues but last year it was awesome and I had no issues. The only thing I would recommend is if you have an older PS3, connect to your router with a cable if possible because the wireless on the older PS3s is not very strong for the video streaming.

Back