• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
c5fa503efee838f70f50df7c59d08369.jpg

Is 2&2 a biker?

Bird - It's not really the issue when we know that Republican politicians would not have cared or done anything about it then, as they won't now, and Republican voters would not have cared then, just like they won't now. The real issue is that Republicans, members of that grand old pro-life party, don't care about almost 200k people dying or having a President that lies and misleads constantly because fuck brown people and suck it libs.

Isn't that the issue though. Woodward sat on info that the President was deliberately misleading the public and mishandling the pandemic while 100,000+ of Americans died. Maybe he should have released the tapes sooner?

My guess is that he had some sort of written agreement that bound him to hold the tapes until the book came out.

Bird - It's not really the issue when we know that Republican politicians would not have cared or done anything about it then, as they won't now, and Republican voters would not have cared then, just like they won't now. The real issue is that Republicans, members of that grand old pro-life party, don't care about almost 200k people dying or having a President that lies and misleads constantly because fuck brown people and suck it libs.

Yeah- what difference would releasing the tapes have made? Its not like either the President or his administration would have been moved to change course.

TAX CUTS!

Yeah- what difference would releasing the tapes have made? Its not like either the President or his administration would have been moved to change course.

Sure, from a policy stand point nothing would have changed, but perhaps more people would have started wearing masks sooner if the tapes were released sooner. Perhaps. It just seems shitty to sit on these tapes.

Anyway, Trump is a piece of shit who knew the whole time that this was deadly and highly contagious. That obviously should be the real story, not Woodwards actions.

Sure, from a policy stand point nothing would have changed, but perhaps more people would have started wearing masks sooner if the tapes were released sooner. Perhaps. It just seems shitty to sit on these tapes.

Anyway, Trump is a piece of shit who knew the whole time that this was deadly and highly contagious. That obviously should be the real story, not Woodwards actions.

Yeah, the news regarding Trump is that his inaction was a result of malevolence as opposed to ignorance. He has amply demonstrated both qualities in droves, so this only makes a small dent. Woodward's inaction, while less impactful, is more of a dissappointment.

Thankfully she didn't have contact with any students.

I'm really enjoying hanging out with my 3rd period in an enclosed classroom for two hours right now. Especially that 30 minute maskless lunch.

Avoid that lunch time. More and more data showing the benefit of masks - they prevent spread, but they also may decrease the severity if you do become infected from someone wearing a mask.

Avoid that lunch time. More and more data showing the benefit of masks - they prevent spread, but they also may decrease the severity if you do become infected from someone wearing a mask.

Dude, unless I'm gonna spend 30 minutes with my head sticking out the window, I'm kinda fucked here.

This is a good summary of how badly we've screwed up the COVID response.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...mic-intuition-nightmare-spiral-winter/616204/

The U.S. enters the ninth month of the pandemic with more than 6.3 million confirmed cases and more than 189,000 confirmed deaths. The toll has been enormous because the country presented the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus with a smorgasbord of vulnerabilities to exploit. But the toll continues to be enormous—every day, the case count rises by around 40,000 and the death toll by around 800—because the country has consistently thought about the pandemic in the same unproductive ways.

Holy smokes. Watching Trump's full presser from yesterday, after listening to Woodward's tape, is quite a mind fuck.

Hard to even count the number of outrageous lies his arguments are based on.

What's crazy is that he knew the real number of flu deaths per year (~25k-35k), as proven by his comments in the Woodward tapes. Just like he did with H1N1, he just arbitrarily revises history to make himself feel better. In the Q&A, he wanted WH folks in the room to confirm ~100k flu deaths in a year was common.

It is disgusting and should be called out more.

Did you catch that ad with the surgeon general just now (before wake game)? No mention of masks and basically messaged that only old and sick people need to take precautions.

Dude, unless I'm gonna spend 30 minutes with my head sticking out the window, I'm kinda fucked here.

I'm w/Mako - We are supposed to be in the classroom at lunch and most days don't have a break or much time to eat elsewhere. Rafi, how safe are bathrooms for dining? Or, better to load up for breakfast and skip lunch altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back