• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cory Helms transferring according to twitter

Helms tweeted that he has been offered by Penn State

Cory Helms- must have flagged his ethics class- seems to have issues with the telling truth......more manly just to say I want out. Wussy.

Is Helms trying to get in for the Spring semester? The timing is concerning. Penn State isn't closer to home.

He has an offer from TAMU already.

I think it's pretty clear if you read between the lines why he left school so quickly and it has nothing to do with the team or on the field.

Visiting Texas A&M on the 18th. Has an offer.

He has an offer from TAMU already.

I think it's pretty clear if you read between the lines why he left school so quickly and it has nothing to do with the team or on the field.

So academics?

Its not like his grades don't follow him

I think that schools know that you have to move quick on transfers. I was surprised how many coaches started following him yesterday on Twitter. Allows for them to direct message with him almost immediately.

I think that schools know that you have to move quick on transfers. I was surprised how many coaches started following him yesterday on Twitter. Allows for them to direct message with him almost immediately.

Can you see if any started following him before yesterday?

Being serious here, since I know nothing about this stuff. Do y'all think he is a pro prospect? The one random site I pulled up had him at the #3 C. As a few have mentioned, if so, I'd be hard-pressed to judge him wanting to protect or build his stock by 1) getting time at his stronger position (C) and/or 2) being a part of a generally visible and successful line and not, well, Wake's.

Pretty rough news. He had really seemed, from an outsider, to buy into the Clawson regime and developed into a leader. And he was the only proven player at our worst position group.

I expected attrition before next season but this was actually one of the half dozen or so players leaving that would have really surprised me.

Can you see if any started following him before yesterday?

I would guess that if someone had tampered via Twitter they would have unfollowed him before the announcement. That doesn't seem likely though because you would really run the risk of getting caught. App state looks like the first to follow him.

As an aside, he has picked up a ton of followers since the PSU and TAMU tweets. The Twitter armies for both schools are impressive.

Back