• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could This Be Duke's Magical Season Like Wake in '06

80deacon

Reaction score
They get ND at home. FSU and UNC are away. It's not inconceivable they beat everyone but highly unlikely.

If they did, or have 1 loss, they could be in the national discussion. As far fetched as that is, an ACC title game does look plausible.

Look for a magical win, like ours over them in 2006 due to a blocked FG, and they may just have that special season.

According to TSI (a ratings projection - not a resume based analysis) who does team projections the rest of the year, Wake is more likely to make a bowl than Duke - both over 70%. Now this may turn out to be wrong, but Duke has a sub 5% chance to win double digit games. They're currently slated as the third best team in the system in the ACC, but the schedule certainly is doing them no favors (road games at FSU, Louisville, and UNC).

Duke's chances of winning 11+ games are .02% there and 0% to win 12 (I'm sure rounded down). It's only .39% to win 10+ games

According to TSI (a ratings projection - not a resume based analysis) who does team projections the rest of the year, Wake is more likely to make a bowl than Duke - both over 70%. Now this may turn out to be wrong, but Duke has a sub 5% chance to win double digit games. They're currently slated as the third best team in the system in the ACC, but the schedule certainly is doing them no favors (road games at FSU, Louisville, and UNC).

Duke's chances of winning 11+ games are .02% there and 0% to win 12 (I'm sure rounded down). It's only .39% to win 10+ games
Now I'm sure other models have different results but TLDR; Duke aint winning 11 games

Poor attempt at a parody/troll account makes poor attempt to start thread

Or maybe they're real. Hard to tell with the 80s Deacs.

I don't care about any "magic" for Duke but I do want Elko the hell out of Durham ASAP!!! I suspect that will happen at either MSU, Florida or A&M by December.

That's it! Elko will be a top candidate for a job way above duke.

Magical until we beat them like a rented mule.
👍

I posted this because throughout my lifetime, Duke has been our parallel rival in the ACC. Similar academics, similar FB history, private schools in a P5, and I grew up near Durham. For the last 20 years we've really been the better overall program. Even with small crowds at many games, mostly in Durham, we still play with an adrenaline level rivalry. You know it's an important game to the players. Lastly, their coach was an assistant and friend of Clawson's.

If theyhappen to win the ACC, then it, in my opinion, would be very similar to our '06

Last edited:
Back