• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Couldn't Be Happier

CumberlandDeac

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the article where Wellman initially said this? I'd like to know the date he said it on as we're thinking about incorporating this into something we do on BSD.

Last edited:
Turns out it has been 733 days since that article. During that time Wake Forest has won 26 basketball games. Alabama has won 25 football games during that same time frame.

He has said it multiple times...

That's why it has struck such a nerve with the fanbase.

Ron Wellman "couldn't be happier". I, on the other hand, could not be more frustrated and disgusted...

Last edited:
Happy_Pizza_Logo.jpg

happy-pizza.jpg

Turns out it has been 733 days since that article. During that time Wake Forest has won 26 basketball games. Alabama has won 25 football games during that same time frame.

There are so many ways to show how bad things are.

As of that article, only 35% of the fanbase was BzzOut. Now it's 95%.

From that November thread.

John Wooden, Bob Knight and K together could not have done better with our team last year. We were weak everywhere, and grossly weak in what I consider the most important position: PG. We could barely get the ball in the front court and get into an offense. PG is like the QB position. Look at the Colts. They lose Manning and they go from Super Bowl contenders to worst team in the NFL by far. It ain't bad coaching..... I still can't believe people cast any blame on Buzz for last year. He needed to come up with a strong 2012 class, and damn if he didn't deliver. In a very big way. We are going to struggle this year, but whether we end up with 8-12 wins, or 12-16 mostly depends on the PG play. With what we have anything close .500 ball will be a VERY good season. Then we'll be loaded with upperclassmen and with a strong group of freshmen, some of whom you'd expect could contribute tosome extent as backups, and some maybe more. Things are definitely looking up. That Buzz recruited the 2012 class despite our delusional fan base who bitched and moaned all last year calling for his head was nothing short of spectacular. It has to get easier after that. But we will struggle this year. No doub. So I expect much more of the same.

Last edited:
After next season bzzout will be everyone but his family and RW.

No way. I bet BzWife is 100% BuzzOut. She probably wants to retire to their beach house or whatever pronto to get away from this mess.

Most Wake fans I know, and I'm talking long time fans (I doubt we're getting new ones anyway), have started to check out. They don't even give a shit anymore. Folks, we're witnessing the dismantling of the Wake fanbase. Think about 4 years ago over on the Scout board- there were plenty of college kids on it. We've got plenty of fairly recent college age graduates on here but we don't have too many who are currently at Wake. Most of the students don't give a shit about Wake sports. Tough to blame them. I hope we can get back to where we were at in this video, but it sure feels like we're a long way away from it.

My feeling is that the class of 2012 is the last class with a large contingent of posters. There are a few 2013 folks, but don't know of any 2014 or beyond.

While still at Wake (I'm '12), I had one class of 2014 member who actually did go to all the games ask, "what was it like when we were actually good?" and got into an argument with another about why I supported Wake instead of a good team, like Duke.

The last two posts are depressing but completely understandable.

He also said it (I believe) in the Kenny Beck piece when he announced buzz was coming back this year.

Back