• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Counteroffensive.. Reaching out to some of the 47%

did people that think obummer has avoided osamacare watch any of the dnc?

There are several opinions and misrepresentations of facts in this article which doesn't appear to be on the opinion page.

did people that think obummer has avoided osamacare watch any of the dnc?

I am in a swing state and I see probably 3 campaign commercials every commercial break. I have not seen one ad about Obamacare. Admittedly, I did not see Obama's speech at the DNC but he is certainly not running on Obamacare. He might mention it from time to time but it is not a central theme of his campaign.

I am in a swing state and I see probably 3 campaign commercials every commercial break. I have not seen one ad about Obamacare. Admittedly, I did not see Obama's speech at the DNC but he is certainly not running on Obamacare. He might mention it from time to time but it is not a central theme of his campaign.

what would you say is his central theme then?

Why would it be the central theme? Anyone who makes one issue THE issue is asking for trouble. There's no question is AN issue.

and i'd say he's argued his stance on what healthcare has done is one of those (trying to pin romney down to one stance on healthcare though is quite tough).

Obama and the campaign did so well touting the benefits of Obamacare at the DNC that Romney reacted, incredibly, by saying he intended to keep parts of it. He backtracked on that last week, of course, but you see my point.

Note: Two days ago Romney also said he was proud of being called the grandfather of Obamacare. Then his campaign retracted that with a press conference call an hour later, no doubt while shaking their heads.

Perhaps I read your response wrong...that is why I phrased it as a question.

Beatrix was claiming that Obamacare hasn't been covered in this election and would be a winning issue for Pubs if they brought it up. I was saying that it's been a major issue in the campaign.

Beatrix was claiming that Obamacare hasn't been covered in this election and would be a winning issue for Pubs if they brought it up. I was saying that it's been a major issue in the campaign.

My perception is Obamacare hasn't been a central (key word, here) 'success story' that Obama has touted for re-election purposes. I DIDN'T claim it would be a winning issue for Pubs if they brought it up - Strassel suggested he should visit the topic with his audience. What I claimed was it would be interesting if he followed her advice and went on the attack with it (e.g., how would he dance around Romneycare). Apologies if my short-bus intellect was unable to clearly articulate my point.

For that matter, it would be interesting if he went on the attack about anything. At this point, he's been defined as pretty much the 'worst human in the universe'.. Satan has weighed in that he'll be Saddam Hussein's bitch in the afterlife.. that's how bad its gotten. Great job by the Dems... fucking terrible job by the Pubs to let the definition phase pass without any pushback.

No he hasn't......Why do RWers like beatrix think if you don't like someone he has to be the "worst human in the universe"?

Absolute worst part about living in Virginia at the moment.

Actually, no, the worst part is the ubiquitous Question 7 ads. You know, for a state in which I don't even live.

You really are deluding yourself if you don't understand that the 47% comment is a huge negative for Romney.

Hasn't really showed in the daily polls. Don't get ahead of yourself here. Obama's "you didn't build that" gaff lasted a few weeks. It's mostly forgotten. This too shall pass. It's common knowlege, or so the pundits tell us, that voters really don't pay attention until two weeks before the election.

Only to RW wackos....as Romney's use of it was totally dishonest.

Only to RW wackos....as Romney's use of it was totally dishonest.

Doesn't matter. They keep spouting the Medicare and Welfare to Work lies.

“We're not going let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.” Neil Newhouse

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” Mitch McConnell

"Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.” Mike Turzai

Win at all costs.

Back