• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Dan on Dave Glenn Now

No news ... but why would you pay to play a game that nobody wants to see, key players have gone on record as not wanting to play, with a coach that has been told he will not return? So I would say, no CBI.

Patience folks. Nothing to see until the weekend is over at the earliest.

You mean ole Ronnie boy has to take care of the big dance first? Man, it's got to suck to be the chair and then your school brought up when discussing bubble teams and seeding as a bad loss.

Same thing happened when Skip was hired. We kept hearing that Maine coach Dr. John Giannini was turning into a solid candidate. While Skip did well and was a repeat winner of the press conference, the real mistake was not hiring John Beilein. Of course, then you had the whiners who were going to throw a tantrum if Beilein was hired. That guy can flat out coach.

Everybody makes mistakes. For instance you thought that [Redacted] was a great hire, and he has turned out to be one of the worst hires ever.

Watching the ACC tournament now...My fervent hope is that with a good coaching candidate, we will be participating deep into the tournament...The next week will be very interesting.

Yes, but nothing I put too much stock in at this point.

I do not expect it to be Shaka or Marshall though.

How much pressure is coming from Hatch and the BOT? My hunch has been that Wellman would ride this clown out for as long as possible, hoping to prove some point, if he received no external influence.

Excluding Shaka or Marshall, are any of the names you are hearing exciting?

Yes, but nothing I put too much stock in at this point.

I do not expect it to be Shaka or Marshall though.

Please tell me there is at least a chance MIKE WHITE is our next coach.

I like Bruce Pearl but wonder why no one has mentioned Seth Greenberg - like Pearl, getting a lot of face time as an ESPN analyst. We could do a lot worse.....

I have no doubt that if we offered White he would come...the question is will we be smart enough to offer him.

He's at Louisiana Tech...he's 37...he could be here for decades.

We should be rooting for Louisiana Tech like mad. If the more games they win the more likely it is Ron notices him. Although, given that they are on the bubble, one would hope that Ron's already paying attention but if he's using the same half assed approach to his committee duties as he used with his coaching search there's certainly no guarantee of that.

Wakeforest22890;1666316... He's at Louisiana Tech...he's 37...[U said:
he could be here for decades[/U].

Nobody stays anywhere for decades anymore. Boeheim and K are extreme outliers. The model now is have big success someplace, cash it in somewhere else (think Pitino, Brad Stevens, Bill Self). Or fail miserably (think Bz).

Age does not matter. If a mid-fifties coach can bring us five good years before moving on, that's fine. Beats the hell out of what we've had.

i dont want white going past the round of 32 for a variety of reasons but ill be rooting like hell for him up to that point

Back