• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Sorry to hear that - Had no idea as I don't live on these boards. But how in the world am I supposed to know you are dyslexic and battled testicular cancer?

I accept this (sort of) apology.

I would not expect you to know that or anything else about me.

It takes some weird skill to twist other people making a prediction that will pan out 15 minutes later into a negative.

In the real world of people who want vaccines, good news.

[h=1]Pfizer Submits Favorable Initial Data To The FDA On Kids' COVID-19 Vaccine Trial[/h]
https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...vid-coronavirus-vaccine-authorization-results

Pfizer and BioNTech are another step closer to seeking authorization for young children to receive the COVID-19 coronavirus vaccine, submitting data to the Food and Drug Administration that shows a "robust" antibody response and "favorable" safety outcomes in kids ages 5 to 11 who received the two-dose regimen in clinical trials.
The companies plan to submit a formal request for emergency-use authorization of the vaccine for that age range "in the coming weeks," they said Tuesday.

The trial, one of several companies are conducting for children in three different age groups, included 2,268 participants.
Children received two vaccine doses of 10 micrograms — notably smaller than the pair of 30-microgram doses used in an earlier successful trial for people 16 to 25 years old. The smaller vaccine dose "was carefully selected as the preferred dose for safety, tolerability and immunogenicity," the companies said.

In a separate clinical trial for kids younger than 5, participants are receiving 3-microgram doses of the vaccine. The pharmaceutical companies expect to have results of trials for kids from 6 months up to 2 years old and from ages 2 to 5 "as soon as the fourth quarter of this year."

It’s absolute batshit crazy that deaths are 2x the previous peaks

5b9c22855dfbfc4081ccee4c525542de.png

Thanks, DeSantis.

Should a governor/state that has a more susceptible population take that into account when deciding how to manage a pandemic?

Should a governor/state that has a more susceptible population take that into account when deciding how to manage a pandemic?

Not sure anything the col's beloved DeSantis has done can be considered "managing" the pandemic.

Zac Brown cancelling shows because he has covid. I would bet my life that guy isn't vaccinated. I like their music and band but I can take one look at him and know he isn't vaccinated. Hope I'm wrong.

Zac Brown cancelling shows because he has covid. I would bet my life that guy isn't vaccinated. I like their music and band but I can take one look at him and know he isn't vaccinated. Hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully you haven't been around him in the past week.

Has it been long enough for the anti-vaccine/anti-mask I’m a fucking dumbass machine to get their talking points established to refute the three CDC studies on masks that came out late Friday?

Wait - I thought stereotyping someone based on their appearance was frowned upon on the Tunnels??

NAH a little light prejudice and discrimination is perfectly acceptable over here just as long as the poster doing the stereotyping is on the right team.

Uncle Thomas says hi.

The good news is the Tampa, Raleigh and Charlotte shows are still on as of now.

Hope so as I have primo tix to the Tampa show on Oct 10th.

Wait - I thought stereotyping someone based on their appearance was frowned upon on the Tunnels??

NAH a little light prejudice and discrimination is perfectly acceptable over here just as long as the poster doing the stereotyping is on the right team.

Uncle Thomas says hi.

I’m pretty sure if I ever saw you IRL I could identify you as an idiot.

I have talked to hundreds of people over the past 6 months regarding their COVID vaccine status, and I guarantee you cannot tell, either way, by looking at someone. Now talking to them, even before the COVID vax question comes up, is a different story...

I read that Zac Brown wouldn't say whether or not he is vaccinated, which means he's not or he's a coward worried about how his fanbase would react.

I have talked to hundreds of people over the past 6 months regarding their COVID vaccine status, and I guarantee you cannot tell, either way, by looking at someone. Now talking to them, even before the COVID vax question comes up, is a different story...

this...

great news...i get my booster next week!

Gee, I wonder why this is happening?

Today was the day, well reported at least. Good job good effort Florida, despite the burden of having to overcome an average vaccinated population, better treatments, and a year+ worth of pandemic knowledge your other failures of public health have allowed you to top New York in deaths.

Today was the day, well reported at least. Good job good effort Florida, despite the burden of having to overcome an average vaccinated population, better treatments, and a year+ worth of pandemic knowledge your other failures of public health have allowed you to top New York in deaths.

<col Florida man tips his cap to you> we're number one!! We're number ONE!!! NUBER#1!!!!

Still #3 behind CA and TX.

Got my booster shot (Pfizer) earlier this morning. Hopefully it continues to do its job.

Back