• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I was simply stating an obvious and important aspect of teaching as a career, which was being left out of this discussion. It was not for or against anybody.

When choosing a career, you can either pick something that you are really interested in because you are going to have to devote so much time to it, or you can select something that will cover your bills but then devote your free time to what you really like. Obviously, I chose the former rather than the latter and have never looked back. It was the right choice for me. However, I think the second choice is fine too. It really does not make all that much difference what you do, as long as you conscientiously strive to do it well. The best outcome is when you can do what you enjoy and be well paid for it too. But clearly, that does not always happen. Perhaps it happens far too rarely.

I agree with all of this. And I recognize what a privilege it is to get paid to do something intellectually fulfilling and personally gratifying.

I was simply stating an obvious and important aspect of teaching as a career, which was being left out of this discussion. It was not for or against anybody.

When choosing a career, you can either pick something that you are really interested in because you are going to have to devote so much time to it, or you can select something that will cover your bills but then devote your free time to what you really like. Obviously, I chose the former rather than the latter and have never looked back. It was the right choice for me. However, I think the second choice is fine too. It really does not make all that much difference what you do, as long as you conscientiously strive to do it well. The best outcome is when you can do what you enjoy and be well paid for it too. But clearly, that does not always happen. Perhaps it happens far too rarely.

The fact that you’re capable of this kind of thoughtful posting makes all of your other inanity so much more infuriating.

I guess what I meant to say was solid post.

Noted dumbass Glenn Beck has contracted Covid for a 2nd time and announced that it has spread to his lungs. He also announced that he is treating it with Ivermectin.

Come on...we all know that rich prick has gotten antibody cocktails too, but he will sure as shit claim that Ivermectin and Jesus saved his ass.

he's an interesting case because we know the Fox News types are actually vaxxed and it's been the true believer local yokel hosts who have died. but he's also a true believer and probably full-throated believes it's a globalist microchip Epstein conspiracy.

The problem with teaching is that people get into it thinking it will be fulfilling and hopefully the pay will approve over time. What happens tho is that teaching becomes an absolute nightmare, especially over the pandemic. Teachers become both broke and miserable and nobody should live like that.

God bless y'all for doing it.

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I think it’s kind of perverse in our society that we’ve just accepted that public service careers don’t pay anything - when you graduate you are given a choice of a “fulfilling career” or financial security, and the consequences of that predicament are very apparent throughout our society - bootstrap professionals vs bleeding hearts.

ITT posters slobber all over sailor for a feel-good post about choosing what you love, but then when those same people choose what they love instead of the money and then they lose their health insurance and then their nest egg he's the first one to jump on the bootstraps train and wag his finger at them. bunch of bullshit

I thank all teachers for what they do, except Sailor, because I am terrified of what he is teaching. I'm just glad he's doing it in another country (I think).

I think it’s kind of perverse in our society that we’ve just accepted that public service careers don’t pay anything - when you graduate you are given a choice of a “fulfilling career” or financial security, and the consequences of that predicament are very apparent throughout our society - bootstrap professionals vs bleeding hearts.

How much a year are average teachers making where you teach?

Although I don't know what sailor teaches or taught, I should point out he has a phd in (I think) history. So he's not really a good example of an "average" teacher

The problem with teaching is that people get into it thinking it will be fulfilling and hopefully the pay will approve over time. What happens tho is that teaching becomes an absolute nightmare, especially over the pandemic. Teachers become both broke and miserable and nobody should live like that.

God bless y'all for doing it.

I think this is your best post ever.

Went to the Walgreens website and there are no boosters available within a 25mile radius of me.

he's an interesting case because we know the Fox News types are actually vaxxed and it's been the true believer local yokel hosts who have died. but he's also a true believer and probably full-throated believes it's a globalist microchip Epstein conspiracy.

Is he though? I feel like his apology tour, followed by a flip flop when he realized where the $$ is, says otherwise.

D30Eh1_XkAstasH.png

Back