• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I didn't ignore it, it isn't really worth of a response. His position was that Covid is more contagious than the flu. Okay fine, that makes sense to slow the spread of the flu in a population where everyone is masking and staying farther apart than normal, perhaps Covid being more contagious can make the jump from person to person easier than the flu even with those restrictions, so the flu drops off in those populations while Covid continues to spread. But it completely ignores Brasky's correct assertion that tens of millions of people have not been masking or social distancing at all. That population is who is blamed for the Covid explosion. So if their zero respect for Covid protocols led to the Covid explosion, then their zero respect for Covid protocols would have no impact on a normal spread of the flu within their population.

And the reason that it has spread are Trump's lies and the idiocy of the US RW.

Yep. Add in hyper partisan news and Information outlets which confirm their own sensationalized beliefs, and that’s how we have a nation of 50M+ who battle delusions and mental illness.

I’d also wager that 2&2s wife is a pushover with zero personality, so nobody ever tells him he’s wrong.

Making fun of a grieving widow is pretty bad form.

Making fun of a grieving widow is pretty bad form.

Seriously? Shit. I'm a dickhead.

If true, sorry 2&2. I did not know.

I thought you were the guy who doesn't hire women because they might get pregnant.

Last edited:
Imagine how bad COVID and Flu would be with out any precautions, masks, or social distancing.

Seriously? Shit. I'm a dickhead.

If true, sorry 2&2. I did not know.

I thought you were the guy who doesn't hire women because they might get pregnant.

Widow, not widower. 2&2 died this past summer from COVID after a trip to Myrtle Beach. Someone (probably Biff or Diggler) figured out his password and is just Herman Cain-ing his account.

The rest of your post was true. 2&@ didn't hire women because they might get pregnant. Not an issue for him anymore, however.

Imagine how bad COVID and Flu would be with out any precautions, masks, or social distancing.

Conversely, think of where we'd be without the lies of Trump, Hannity, Dobbs, Carlson, et al.

Yep. Add in hyper partisan news and Information outlets which confirm their own sensationalized beliefs, and that’s how we have a nation of 50M+ who battle delusions and mental illness.

I’d also wager that 2&2s wife is a pushover with zero personality, so nobody ever tells him he’s wrong.

2&2's wife was pretty awesome at Wake. I didn't know how 2&2 pulled it off back then. I don't know how he has pulled it off all these years.

I didn't ignore it, it isn't really worth of a response. His position was that Covid is more contagious than the flu. Okay fine, that makes sense to slow the spread of the flu in a population where everyone is masking and staying farther apart than normal, perhaps Covid being more contagious can make the jump from person to person easier than the flu even with those restrictions, so the flu drops off in those populations while Covid continues to spread. But it completely ignores Brasky's correct assertion that tens of millions of people have not been masking or social distancing at all. That population is who is blamed for the Covid explosion. So if their zero respect for Covid protocols led to the Covid explosion, then their zero respect for Covid protocols would have no impact on a normal spread of the flu within their population.

That's not my "position." It's a basic fact.

So now that COVID cases have been falling, I know of some Trump folk saying that it's because it was all inflated by the media until after Biden won the election.

I've seen a few "hydroxychloroquine is now legal under Biden" posts, proving that opposition to it was always simply anti-Trump. I have no idea what the first part refers to, and don't want to talk to a Trump loony enough to ask them.

Not Covid related, but I saw someone blaming the poor January jobs numbers on Biden.

Conversely, think of where we'd be without the lies of Trump, Hannity, Dobbs, Carlson, et al.

Sure, but my point is that even the half-assed level of mask wearing and social distancing and many of us working form home for almost a year now that our society implemented has reduced the severity of both disease on a societal level...Flu more that COVID because COVID is more easily spread...so imagine how bad the situation would have been if individuals, employers and local governments had not taken steps to curtail disease spread.

That is completely false. You yourself above just said that tens of millions of people have been ignoring the guidelines. You can't have it both ways. Even just in NC, private schools and plenty of charter schools have been in session all year. Numerous public school districts have been going close to full-time and plenty part-time, especially at the elementary school levels. All we've heard about all school year for everyone else was little Johnny bringing the Rona home to Grammy. But with all the kids going to school in some fashion, all that resulted in was 165 instead of a normal 400,000 flu hospitalizations? Bullshit. And have you seen the number of old rubes who are out and about? Go to WalMart on a weekend and try to claim that olds are staying inside enough to eliminate the flu.

Nobody with a straight face can justify both the explosive covid numbers due to alleged lack of masks and distancing together with the complete lack of flu numbers relative to prior years purportedly due to masks and distancing. They cannot coexist together on any rational basis.

Actually, we have good data that COVID-19 isn't spreading in schools even in areas where there is high incidence in the community. I'm not sure we fully understand why that is, but that is what the data shows. There is actual data on this stuff now, but still rubes who ignore it to support their own agendas and bias.

One question that needs an answer is whether there was an increase in flu vaccinations this Fall. Trump talked about the about to be Covid vaccines as the cure-all for Covid. Did that logic carry over to more people getting their flu shots? There would be an even greater impact on flu if those getting the shots were those least likely to mask and distance.

So...a less contagious disease with a vaccine has seen significantly less cases/hospitalizations in a year where we've been actively working to reduce the possibility of transmitting a more contagious disease.

That seems reasonable.

Btw, having a vaccine for this more contagious disease along with said precautions has seen a significant decrease in cases/hospitalizations.

All seems to hold together for me.

Actually, we have good data that COVID-19 isn't spreading in schools even in areas where there is high incidence in the community. I'm not sure we fully understand why that is, but that is what the data shows. There is actual data on this stuff now, but still rubes who ignore it to support their own agendas and bias.

The rubes haven't been ignoring that data at all, they have been pushing for schools to go back the entire time. The WFHElite are the ones who have been pushing for teachers to jump everyone else in the vaccine line and keep kids out of school, despite the data that you cite indicating there is extremely minimal risk in a school setting. Just look at the other Covid thread this afternoon to see the focus on jumping teachers to the front of the line. So who is it that is ignoring the #science to support their own biases? This entire farce moved from a scientific issue to a bias issue as soon as the media realized they could use it ensure Trump's removal. There is nobody at this point who looks at it without their own political bias coming into play.

Last edited:
One question that needs an answer is whether there was an increase in flu vaccinations this Fall. Trump talked about the about to be Covid vaccines as the cure-all for Covid. Did that logic carry over to more people getting their flu shots? There would be an even greater impact on flu if those getting the shots were those least likely to mask and distance.

So the tens of millions of rubes who have run around proudly and vocally maskless for months are the first in line to get their flu shot? Enough to drop the flu hospitalizations from 400,000 to 165? I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no.

That's not my "position." It's a basic fact.

Okay great, I'm not saying it isn't. But what does the Covid contagiousness rate have to do with the flu not spreading at all within the population of tens of millions of people who have undertaken none of the Covid protocols?

The rubes haven't been ignoring that data at all, they have been pushing for schools to go back the entire time. The WFHElite are the ones who have been pushing for teachers to jump everyone else in the vaccine line and keep kids out of school, despite the data that you cite indicating there is extremely minimal risk in a school setting. Just look at the other Covid thread this afternoon to see the focus on jumping teachers to the front of the line. So who is it that is ignoring the #science to support their own biases? This entire farce moved from a scientific issue to a bias issue as soon as the media realized they could use it ensure Trump's removal. There is nobody at this point who looks at it without their own political bias coming into play.

There’s his basic point. Just pure snowflakey hurt feelings RWer conspiracy.

Pay no attention to the deaths, the hospitalizations, the cases, the fact that the source for all that information is the governments and “the media” is just reporting those govt produced numbers.

No, all that is part of a deep state conspiracy to get rid of trump because my feelings are hurt that you think I’m an asshole for being Republican too.

Okay great, I'm not saying it isn't. But what does the Covid contagiousness rate have to do with the flu not spreading at all within the population of tens of millions of people who have undertaken none of the Covid protocols?

Yeah Ph I demand that you produce a satisfactory explanation for this apples to oranges comparison. And while you’re at it please explain how before John Currie there was no such thing as covid but since he’s been AD it is a pandemic.

It's not just mask wearing but other precautions like increased hand washing, not touching your face, etc. that has contributed to a lot of decreased transmission. Even if people aren't wearing masks their overall hygiene is better.

I also read a journal article talking about the limited flights that helped stop the spread of seasonal flu from the southern hemisphere to the northern hemisphere.

Basically, there are several reasons that seem more plausible that every flu case being coded as covid-19 even though many places originally required a negative flu test before even issuing a covid test.

Back