• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cozumel ?

denverpacker

Reaction score
Since this a a more well traveled board than ours:

Have a kitchen pass from Mrs Denver for next week while she does family stuff. Heading down to Cozumel as the flights are open and the rooms are very reasonable. Been to PDC previously, but never stayed on the island. Sell me on which is better, PDC or the island? Not 25 and looking for the Senor Frogs crowd, btw.

Are you looking for All Inclusive? Snorkeling? Fishing? Scuba?

Are you looking for All Inclusive? Snorkeling? Fishing? Scuba?

LK, I am fairly well traveled. Just could not decide between being on the mainland vs Cozumel. Low key kinda guy. Good beach, cheap cerveza y comida y todo bien. Puerta Vallerta was my usual hangout until Delta stopped going there. Hell, the bartenders knew my name when I walked in!

All inclusive is for the couples/rookies. I like to get out there with the locals and butcher my spanish. :D

In that case Cozumel every time.

False. Drive from PDC down and around Tulum and stay in some of the boutiques down there around the national forest. Beautiful beaches and lagoons. Unbelievably beautiful and authentic. Cozumel is great, but more diving/cruise ship island.

False. Drive from PDC down and around Tulum and stay in some of the boutiques down there around the national forest. Beautiful beaches and lagoons. Unbelievably beautiful and authentic. Cozumel is great, but more diving/cruise ship island.

See, I looked at Tulum and that threw me. Very interesting. Damnit. I have to decide where to stay by tomorrow as I leave Tuesday

I will second guess myself to death on this one, but I appreciate the help guys!

Yep. String of bad luck. I haven't been following as close this year, but I caught the darlington highlights and looking forward to the circus rolling into CLT this week.

How does one score one of these "kitchen passes" from the wife to go vacation in Cozumel? Please share your wisdom with the rest of us.

How does one score one of these "kitchen passes" from the wife to go vacation in Cozumel? Please share your wisdom with the rest of us.

Long story short: Mrs. Denver's son from her first marriage is coming to town before he enlists in the Marine Corp. We do not see eye to eye-remotely. I get a pass to leave town to make room in the house. A week in Cozumel is a great price to pay for this....especially at this place and price

Funny, just got back from PDC after doing Cancun a little over a year ago. Spent a day in Tulum and I think we might just keep heading south. Such a great area and so easy/cheap to get to. Rented a car for $70 for the entire week. Gotta love Mexico.

Considering this for an anniversary trip with the wife. Anyone else have any other/new suggestions?

Considering this for an anniversary trip with the wife. Anyone else have any other/new suggestions?

We did The Royal - Playa del Carmen for our honeymoon and first anniversary. You fly into Cancun and shuttle to the property. My brother and his wife also did it for their honeymoon.

It recently became a Hilton property and we have not been back since then but we really enjoyed it. It’s adults only, all-inclusive. I will say the first time we had a swim up room and it made a big difference. The main pool got a little rowdy in late afternoon.

Back